036. ꕥ Home

Raven and I had been very slowly making our way through the bottom of the Dropship. With the exceptional groan or grunt in pain, I'd say we were doing pretty well for two people who just got shot. I could feel the blood gushing out of both my leg and head. Getting dizzy now and then, my response was to shake my head to get rid of the feeling.

Finally, we made it to the opening. It felt like it took us an eternity to get here, but it probably wasn't as long as I thought.

"Okay," I started taking deep breaths. "you crawl out first, and I'll follow."

Taking a deep breath in, Raven replied, "Yeah."

She managed to pull herself out and onto the ground. Waiting a moment for her to get out of the way, I pushed myself out. Landing on the ground with a hard thud, I groaned in pain. I looked over to Raven, who gave me a nod. We pulled ourselves up, both of us helping the other. I used the side of the Dropship for support. Leaning my back against it, I put my arm around Raven's shoulder as she did the same with me. I put most of my weight on my right leg, leaning against Raven for extra support as she leaned her weight against me, and we supported each other. We each took one final breath in before we started to move.

Walking hurt more than crawling did. I could feel every muscle in my leg when I moved it. Letting out a hiss each time I took a step, the pain was unbearable, something like I had never felt. I just focused on taking one step after another. In reality, it's not that far a walk from where we were to the middle of camp, but when you were shot in the leg, it felt like a thousand miles.

Getting closer, I could hear Bellamy's voice booming through camp. The end of my lips twitched up at the sound of his voice. I was so thankful that he was okay, that my brother didn't kill him. I didn't know what I would've done if John had succeeded in killing him.

Through labored breaths, I held onto Raven a bit tighter. We're almost there. Now Clarke's voice is the one I hear. Clarke? I couldn't tell what she was saying; I wasn't focused on that; I was focused on walking.

My eyes lit up when I saw the little opening into camp. "Come on, Raven. We're almost there."

She didn't say anything; she just gave me another nod. Turning my attention back in front of me, I found it in me to push through the pain. What seemed like another eon went by, and we finally made it to the opening. Kids were scattering around camp as we came through. Leaning my arm against the Dropship for support, my eyes darted around camp in search of a familiar face.

"Help us." Raven let out a weak plea.

Murmurs started to spread across camp at our entrance. Looking around, I notice people start to rush towards us. Those people included Clarke and Finn.

They're alive?

That thought got quickly pushed aside when everyone started crowding around us. We take a few more steps before they reach us.

"Murphy shot them." Jasper realized with horror in his voice.

Clarke took a quick look at both mine and Raven's wounds before ordering, "Get them into the Dropship."

The next thing I knew, someone was lifting me off my feet. It was Bellamy. He picked me up bridal style and started to carry me to the Dropship. "I got you." He mumbled as his eyes locked onto mine — they were filled with worry.

Finn did the same with Raven; both boys carried us into the Dropship.

Okay, we got here, and we're gonna get help.

If only I knew things would get worse, much worse.

❣︎

I let out another loud and pained scream as Clarke pressed the hot blade onto my wound. My grip on Bellamy's hand tightened as she pressed the blade harder onto my skin. The smell of burning flesh filled my nose once again. A layer of sweat covers my entire body as I lay next to Raven in a makeshift bed on the first level of the Dropship. Clarke did the same thing to Raven just minutes ago. She also put a bandage over the wound on my head and said it wasn't too bad.