007. ꕥ Save Him

Come on! I see the camp

Come on! I see the camp." I called out to the group that was behind me.

Walking up to camp, I heard someone shout, "They're back!"

Wells and Finn immediately headed for the Dropship with Jasper, and when Monty saw this as he approached Clarke, he hesitantly asked, "Is he—"

"He's alive." She replied, and before following the two boys carrying Jasper into the Dropship, she ordered, "I need boiled water and strips of a cloth for bandage."

I stayed outside for a moment and watched John and Bellamy drop the tarp to reveal the panther. "Who's hungry?" Bellamy yelled.

I knew I certainly was.

I pushed that thought aside because Jasper was the most important thing right now — making sure he was alive. I walked to the Dropship when an arm grabbed hold of my wrist, preventing me from going any further. "Aren't you gonna stay and get some food?" I turned to see Bellamy was the one holding onto me.

"I'm fine... But thanks." I added the 'thanks' part later. Bellamy slowly released my arm. I guess I was semi-grateful that he thought about me?

Making it up to the third level where Jasper and Clarke were, Finn was there too. Clarke was currently trying to clean off Jasper and make sure dirt didn't get in his wound — well, at least that's what I thought she was doing.

"Will he be okay?" I asked with some nervousness in my voice.

"I sure hope so."

"That's wasn't all too convincing," I told her, which caused the two of us to share a small laugh.

I just sat back and observed Clarke, watching her work to do everything in her power to make sure Jasper was okay. After a little, I decided to leave her and Finn to go outside to get some fresh air.

Walking out, I felt the cool night air on my face — it was so refreshing. We had a giant bonfire going, so I went to sit on a nearby rock to watch the flames. What I wasn't expecting to watch was Bellamy, my brother, and a few others making kids take off their wristbands in exchange for food. I sat there, watching. If they wanted to take off their wristbands for food, I couldn't stop them. I was considering going over there to exchange mine for food when a stick of food appeared in front of my face.

Looking up, I saw none other than Bellamy as he held out the stick of food. "I thought I had to make a trade to get that." I said before glancing at my wristband and then nodding toward the food.

"Come on, just take it." He ordered.

"Thank you." I willingly took the piece of food. "You know, I seem to be thanking you a lot today."

"Oh, yeah? Haven't noticed." He said with a smug smile.

He walked back over to the fire, and I started taking bites out of the food. It was ... delicious, like nothing I had ever tasted. It was so savory and juicy — it was the best thing I've ever had.