098. ꕥ Prepare For Impact

Octavia led the group of us to wherever we were going in sheer silence, and no one did anything but walk. No one dared to speak about what had just happened or talk to the younger Blake, deciding they'd wait until she said something. Out of everyone else, I was the only one aloud even remotely near Octavia, and if anyone came even within five feet of her, she'd storm off ahead. It was peculiar to me because Octavia and I never really had a set relationship. We were more so acquaintances than friends, and it wasn't because neither of us didn't like each other. It was just we never were around each other long enough to share life stories. We had lived similar lives and, more times than not, shared a common goal, but other than that, I didn't really know Octavia Blake.

And as much as I knew I really shouldn't be, considering I had just witnessed a friend be executed, I was thinking about the older Blake, too. My mind wandered with thoughts of where he was or if he even knew that Pike had executed Lincoln and we had escaped. It was odd that Bellamy wasn't by Pike's side when everything went down. He should've been there searching Arkadia when Octavia hid me, Kane, Lincoln, and Sinclair under the floor. He should have been with Pike, and he wasn't; that worried me.

I wasn't sure how long it had been since we departed Arkadia when Octavia led us to a cave near the blockade line but still on the right side. It only took one look at Octavia for me to realize that she wanted to go in last — why I couldn't tell you, but she wanted to go in last, and I obliged to enter first.

Walking into the cave before everyone else with my hand on the handgun strapped to my thigh and a backpack on my back filled with who knows what, with my mind losing all the racing thoughts, I advanced into the cave. My eyes caught on a bit of light shining through a hole in the rocks, but they quickly shifted to the sound of chains clanking together to see one Bellamy Blake.

I quickly halted in my tracks at the sight of him as his eyes darted up to meet mine. There was something in his eyes that I couldn't grasp, it might have been an immense amount of relief, but I wasn't sure. He seemed like... like his whole world had stopped for a brief moment because he had just found out I was alive. Whether this was actually what he was feeling or not, that's what it looked like. His body relaxed some, his hands in chains slackened, and his eyes turned soft into their doe-eyed form. The way his body reacted upon seeing me, Bellamy Blake was relieved.

However, I was more perplexed. Seeing him here in the cave brought many questions to my previous and short-lived blank mind. Why was Bellamy in chains? How did he get here? Was this Octavia's doing as she was the one who led us here? — If it was her doing, what was the reason for chaining Bellamy up, resulting in his wrist being bloodied.

Though I quickly got a grip on my emotions as behind me, I heard everyone's footsteps as they entered the cave. Miller and Harper entered the cave, followed by Bryan, then Sinclair, then Kane, and finally a wretched Octavia. My eyes went from the entering group of people to Bellamy, seeing that his eyes had glassed over when seeing that no one else followed his sister.

"Where's Lincoln?" He asked, turning his eyes from the entrance.

Octavia exhaled, "Pike put a bullet in his brain."

Bellamy shifted his weight as his eyes darted back to me like he was looking for confirmation that his sister wasn't lying. When I shook my head, tilting it down, his eyes returned to Octavia. "O... O, I am so sorry."

The younger Blake didn't hesitate in dropping all her stuff, shrugging off her jacket, and whipping around, sending her fist into her brother's jaw. Dead silence coated the cave, everyone turning to the siblings as there was a moment of them staring at each other. That only lasted a second, though, as Octavia sent another punch to Bellamy's face and another and another. Each time her fist connected with his face, I flinched back at the gruesome sound.