051. ꕥ Finn's Babysitter

My leg bounced in anticipation as I sat next to Bellamy at one of the tables outside the Ark, taking a drink, and again, it was dark outside. Clarke was explaining to us how we could possibly get in Mount Weather.

John and Finn were inside the Ark for their inquisition. It was basically a trial to say whether or not they'll be cleared. God, I hope they clear John. I didn't see why they wouldn't — John didn't do anything; it was Finn.

It had been two days since I talked to Finn. Two days since our fight. I didn't want to talk to him. Even if I did, I wouldn't know what to say. I mean, I said everything that I wanted to say when we fought. There was nothing else I needed or wanted to say.

"Okay, tell me again." Bellamy said from beside me.

"It's a labyrinth." Clarke started pointing at her map of Mount Weather. "We got to the dam through this tunnel. It's all connected to the mine system. That's our way in."

"Sure, if we can get past the Reapers and the Mountain Men." Bellamy said, not very optimistically, I might add.

"One problem at a time, Bellamy." I muttered before I turned my head to look back at the entrance of the Ark.

Bellamy glanced in my direction before saying, "I swear to God, if your Mom doesn't sanction a mission soon I'm going by myself."

"You won't be by yourself." Clarke assured.

"Ditto." I said before turning back and taking a drink.

Some noises were starting to come from the entrance of the Ark. The three of us turned our heads to see people coming out. "I guess the inquisition's over." Bellamy turned back to Clarke. "How's Finn doing, anyway?"

She tilted her head down. "I haven't talked to him since we got back. I don't know what to say." Clarke admitted. "He just kept shooting."

"Trust me," I spoke bitterly. "you don't want to talk to him."

Bellamy turned his head to give me a pointed look. The word of me and Finn's fight spread quickly, and Bellamy was the one to try and convince me that I should give Finn a second chance — the truth is, I didn't want to. He killed people — eighteen to be exact, nineteen if you included the Grounder he executed in the bunker. Why should I just forgive him?

"We're at war, Clarke." Bellamy told the blond before looking at me. "We've all done things."

I haven't, I wanted to say, but I didn't; I kept my mouth shut.

"Hey." A voice spoke up. I tilted my head up to see Finn.

"Speak of the devil." I mumbled. "Literally."

"Hey." Bellamy replied to Finn, ignoring my comment. Finn didn't say anything else. He kept his gaze on Clarke. You could feel the growing tension in the air. I guess Bellamy felt it, too, because he grabbed my arm and then the cups. "Next round's on us." With that, we both got up and walked away.

When we got up to the bar, Bellamy set the drinks down and nodded toward the bartender before turning his back so he was leaning against the bar. "Are you okay?"

I did the same, now leaning against the bar next to Bellamy. "Do you want me to answer that honestly?"

"You've been holding this grudge against Finn for two days, Jo." Bellamy spoke as if it wasn't blatantly obvious.

"And?"

Bellamy sighed. "And... Isn't it tiring being mad at him all the time?"

I shook my head. "Not really. You do know what he did, right?"