058. ꕥ Best Friend

Yet again, I paced inside the Dropship

Yet again, I paced inside the Dropship. It was the only thing I could do to calm myself; even if it wasn't by much, it was still something. I wasn't keeping track of how long it had been since we retreated in the Dropship. We hadn't heard anything coming from outside, so we didn't know what the Grounders were doing. In between paces, I would glance over at Finn just to make sure that he was still here.

Bellamy and my brother were on either side of the entrance peeking out at the Grounders. "They're not moving any closer." Said John.

"They're staying out of range. They'll be waiting until dark." Bellamy explained as he brought his head back in.

John did the same. "If we hit them now, we take them by surprise."

"We don't even know how many of them are out there." Clarke debated.

"There's probably a lot of them, and there's only six of us." I supported Clarke.

John looked in my direction for a brief moment before he slightly shook his head. "I'm not hearing any better ideas."

"We'll give them something." Raven spoke up for the first time.

"All they want is Finn." Bellamy told Raven.

"Finn wasn't the only one at the village." My face scrunched up at Raven's words before my eyes darted John. What was she getting at?

"What are you talking about?" Clarke whispered like we wouldn't have been able to hear her.

"Raven, hold on." Bellamy stepped forward.

"Woah, woah, woah." John started, keeping his eyes locked on Raven. "Raven, I came here to protect him. You were the one who wanted me to come. You—" He stopped himself, seeming to get at what Raven was doing.

I, myself, was getting what Raven wanted to do. "Raven, what the hell are you trying to do?"
I asked, knowing very well that Raven had every intention to give John to the Grounders. She didn't answer me; she kept her stern-ass glare on my brother.

John's eyes went to Finn before taking a step toward Raven. "That's why you wanted me to come along?"

"Enough Grounders saw him at the village. They'd believe he was the shooter." Raven tried to reason.

At this point, I was fuming with anger listening to Raven. "What the hell, Raven." I spat.

John met my fuming anger. "You sick bitch."

"Raven, you don't mean this." Clarke spoke up.

"You know what they do to people." Bellamy's voice raised.

There was a tick in Raven's voice as she spoke this time. "They want a murderer. We'll give them one." Raven then loaded her gun before pointing it at John. "Drop your gun."