100. ꕥ Contending Issues

Once we had gotten back to the cave where Miller, Bryan, Harper, and Sinclair were still waiting, the entire group was ready to head back to Arkadia now that Pike was gone. It was going to be dark soon, and we needed to get back before then because even with the blockade being lifted, we still had to be careful.

The only thing was, we couldn't do that. All it took was one very frantic radio call from Jasper, screaming that he needed our location and that Jaha and all the chipped people of the City of Light had taken over Arkadia for us to stay put. He also said that he and Clarke, who had shown up to Arkadia out of the blue, had to kidnap Raven to save her. So instead of going back to Arkadia, which according to Jasper, was not safe, we all waited in the cave for his and Clarke's arrival.

Because I was apparently the one with the most knowledge of what was going on, I had to try and explain to the best of my abilities what Jasper had yelled. "It's what Jaha set out to look for all those months ago. He found it, came back, and I don't really know what else. There's this chip. Raven had it in her quarters and told me that Jaha said it was the key to the City of Light. I didn't know exactly what it was, so I kind of just brushed it off."

Apart of me felt guilty for what happened to Raven because I knew Jaha talked to her. I knew that he gave her the chip, but I didn't do anything — I just pushed it off and didn't even realize something had happened to Raven. With everything going on between Pike, Bellamy, and the baby, Jaha and the City of Light had been the furthest thing from my mind, and I didn't even consider that Raven could have been roped into it.

"I don't understand it, either. Something about those chips." Monty inquired.

Sinclair let out a sigh. "We'll know soon enough. Be ready."

A strained breath left my mouth when I pushed myself up from where I sat beside Monty, giving him a tired small smile before walking towards the cave entrance. My shoulder leaned against the rock, eyes surveyed the thick forest, looking for the headlights of the Rover. My brain was racking for any other information that I knew of relating to the City of Light that could help us. The only explicit memory I had was that one time in Medical when Abby and Kane were talking to Jaha after he had returned. I could only hope that once Jasper, Clarke, and Raven, got here, we'd get more answers.

"O, wait. You can't just leave." Bellamy's voice echoed through the cave with two pairs of footsteps. My neck craned to look over at the siblings, seeing Octavia shove items into a backpack while ignoring Bellamy's statement.

"Watch me." She said emotionlessly as he approached her.

"You heard what Jasper said on the radio. Arkadia is not safe."

"What Jasper said sounds insane. Pike's gone. I can handle myself. Grounders burn their dead." Octavia contradicted as she stood up, slinging the pack over her shoulder and getting ready to leave.

"I know that." Bellamy acknowledged quietly. "And then what? Where are you gonna go?"

Octavia faced her brother and bit back, "You don't get to ask me that."

"What more do I have to do to prove that I am on your side." Bellamy pleaded — begging for forgiveness.

"Bring Lincoln back." She said spitefully, giving her brother a look before walking past him, but she only made a couple of steps before turning back. "Turning Pike in does not make you one of the good guys, Bellamy. You did that to save me and to save Jo. Not because what you thought Pike was doing to the Grounders was wrong."