060. ꕥ Final Farewell

Bellamy and I had fallen asleep, and when I woke up the next morning, it was extremely hard. Bellamy had gotten up earlier; I could feel the warmth he brought to me leave almost immediately. I rubbed my eyes a few times, trying to focus them; once I did, I realized that most of the camp was packed and ready to go.

As quickly as I could, I got up and picked the blanket up off the ground, and smacked the leaves out of it. I threw it over my shoulder and got with the rest of our people.

I found Bellamy pretty quickly standing with a gun slung over his shoulder. "Hey." I spoke quietly.

When Bellamy's eyes looked to me, they turned concerned. "Are you okay? You were talking in your sleep."

My face reddened with embarrassment. "Oh, sorry." I murmured. "That's probably why you got up."

"No, no." Bellamy shook his head. "It wasn't you, I promise. Clarke just wanted to talk about something."

"Oh." I hummed, and before that discussion could turn any more awkward, we all started moving. I silently thanked whoever was listening that they got me out of that conversation. I started walking ahead, leaving Bellamy standing behind me.

❣︎

It wasn't long until we got up to a makeshift wall that I assumed surrounded the perimeter of Tondc. The Grounders ahead of us shouted something in their language before opening the gate. The Commander and her... bodyguard, I guess — Gustus dismounted their horses. He grabbed a metal tub before walking up to us.

"Weapons."

My jaw clenched, but honestly, I didn't know the reason. Maybe I was just too aggravated to deal with them — I was too aggravated to deal with them.

Lincoln walked up and put his weapons in. "We need to disarm before we enter."

Clarke was next, and she dropped her gun in the tub. Beside me, Bellamy took the gun slung around his shoulder off and reluctantly handed it to Gustus.

The Grounder man walked up to me with the tub. "Weapons." He repeated.

I grabbed the gun off my side, held it up to his face, and dropped it. Giving him a fake smile, I told him, "That's all I have."

The man gave me a deadly look, but I didn't care. I wasn't in the mood to care this morning. I turned my head back to see Raven having all the weapons taken from her. She wasn't compliant in the least.

Letting out a loud huff, I turned my head back, growing impatient. Bellamy must've known this because he nudged my arm. When I looked up to him, he nodded and mouthed, 'it'll be okay'. I didn't know if I believed him, but I still mustered up the best smile I could give him.

When Gustus was finally done searching Raven, he called something I couldn't understand. We all started walking in the village, and when we did, we weren't met with happy cheers. Granted, I didn't know what they were saying, but you could tell it definitely wasn't pleasant. My eyes darted around at all the screaming people as I felt Bellamy grab my arm and pull me closer to him.

A man came in front of the Commander, which blocked our path. He started saying something in the Grounder language that, of course, non of us could understand.

I watched as the Commander looked to Gustus, and he started stalking up to the man. He sent a punch to the man's face that sent him to the ground. Repeatedly, Gustus beat the man half to death.

Clarke looked to Bellamy and me before having up to the Commander. "Commander, stop him. Please. They'll blame us for this too."

We don't want to be their friends, Clarke.