093. ꕥ Tides Changing

My day did not get off to a good start as it was now bright and early in the morning, and I sat in one of the beds in Medical. This morning, I was woken by a cramping pain in my stomach, and I had begun to throw up. I had just pinned it down to all the current events in my life and all the stress I was going through, but when I kept constantly throwing up, I had decided to go to Medical and see if Abby might be in there. Raven, once again, wasn't in the room when I woke up, so I had to come and see if I could find Abby. Lucky enough, despite it being so early in the morning, she was there in Medical, and it was utterly deserted, most likely since it was so early in the morning.

Abby had told me to sit on one of the beds while she ran some sort of tests on me. Usually, I'd be against going into Medical and having tests done on me, but today I was not in the mood to deal with my stomach and Pike, so I figured I should try and get rid of one. Abby did what she needed to do and went over to one of her machines that I had no clue was the purpose of. She had been over there a while, as we were coming up on about a half-hour of me sitting here and her over there, I wouldn't lie and say it didn't have me getting a little anxious.

With Abby being over there and Medical being empty, it allowed my thoughts to run wild. Two days had passed since Pike's faction left to attack the Grounder village. Kane had caught me up and told me that they did go to the Grounder village even after he had tried and convinced them not to go. As he was telling me this, my heart sank a little until he said that Miller had delivered Octavia her horse for her to go warn the Grounder village, and she did. So the Grounder village was safe, but it was a different story for us. Monroe had died going to the village. Kane never told me how; he just told me she died.

It only had my heart hurt more when I learned another member of the hundred passed. I wasn't sure how many of the hundred remained after the Grounders and after Mount Weather and all that in between. All I knew was the number was growing thin.

My thoughts were thankfully interrupted when Abby came over to me with an expression I couldn't quite interpret on her face. It had me straighten up and standing up to meet eye to eye with the older woman.

"Joanna, sit down, honey." She said, adjusting the clipboard in her hands but still holding it close to her chest. The expression on her face had me worrying about what could possibly be wrong with me. "I just need to ask you a few questions."

"Okay." I slowly said with creased brows before sitting back down.

Abby moved over to the bed on the right of mine and sat down in front of me. She took a deep breath before asking, "Joanna, how long did you say you'd been getting sick?"

I blinked a few times before answering. "Uh, I don't know. Maybe a week or a little longer."

"Alright." Abby hummed before looking down at her clipboard, and I never thought I'd want to see a piece of paper so badly.

The woman refused to meet my eyes which had my face scrunching in confusion. It wasn't this expression I couldn't decipher anymore, but it was this disheveled look on her face that had me worrying. Abby had now looked up and down her clipboard for the last several minutes as I tried to read her to understand what the hell was going on.

"Abby." I beckoned, finally gaining her attention. "Please tell me what has you so stunned. What's wrong with me."

"Nothing is wrong with you." Abby assured me before looking back up to meet my brown eyes once again. "Joanna, there's something I need to tell you."

"Well, then tell me."

"Honey, you're pregnant."

A small chuckle escaped my mouth. "What?"