110. ꕥ The Beginning Of The End

My hair was in a messy singular braid as it was not ideal to have the dreadlock strands that were my hair covering my face as I descended the tower. But now, as I stood at the base of the tower, peering at all the dead bodies that lay on the cement ground, I wished the hair were covering my face. What I was looking at was a horrifying scene. People were wailing and crying out for their loved ones — the ones that were either dead in their arms or the ones they could not locate. The scene in front of me made me sick to my stomach, and given my situation, throwing up could be a very high possibility right now.

As it turns out, when Clarke said we hadn't saved the world yet, that was one hundred percent true. Clarke had informed both Bellamy and me that while in the City of Light, ALIE told her that there were nuclear reactors were built before the bombs, and now they have begun to melt down, making radiation in the air rise. There's a wave of radiation coming, and when that radiation gets to a certain point, the Earth will be uninhabitable. I wasn't really sold on the fact that ALIE was telling the truth, but Clarke was very persistent that she was.

But our current problem was getting out of Polis. Just standing here watching all the Grounders mourn and send glares my way for just being here, one could easily tell that Skaikru was less than welcomed in the Grounder capital.

A sigh escaped my mouth as I watched Bellamy and Clarke follow the sound of a woman wailing in the distance. The three of us had just discussed what we were going to do about the oncoming threat. Bellamy had voiced his opinion that we should keep it quiet until we knew what we were dealing with, and I agreed with him. We had no idea if ALIE was telling the truth, and we didn't need to tell these people they were going to die unless we were sure.

It was also adamantly said by both Clarke and me to ease Bellamy's worries that Octavia won't be charged for killing Pike because everyone knows he had it coming. No one was going to miss him — I was just simply happy that Octavia had waited until the battle was finished.

When I felt a hand on my shoulder was when I took my eyes off the two, turning my head to see Kane. Almost immediately, I pulled him into a hug, wrapping my arms around his shoulders as he returned the gesture. When we pulled back, he kept both arms on my shoulders as he apologized in a solemn voice. "I'm sorry."

"No." I shook my head. "Don't be sorry. It wasn't you."

Kane nodded, unable to accept that it was the actual truth but didn't press further on the matter. "I'm glad you're all right."

"Yeah, me too." I had a small smile as he took his hands off my shoulder, but my lips turned into a frown seeing his bandaged wrists; Abby was the one to have told me what had happened. "I'm sorry about what happened, Kane."

"It's done." He excused, his brows creasing down when taking note of all the cuts that littered my face. Bringing one hand up to my forehead where a noticeable large cut was, his gaze when back down to my eyes. "Are you sure you're all right?"

I lifted my hand, knocking his arm away gently. "Yes, Kane, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."

Before our conversation could go any further, Jaha, along with two of our guards, walked up, with the former standing beside Kane clutching his left arm and looking at all the people. "What have I done?"

"What have we done?" Kane contended, being benevolent as usual and taking part of the blame for ALIE.

Abby had approached us with her medical bag in hand, sparing me a nod, which I had returned before setting her gaze on Jaha. "I told you to stay upstairs with the rest of the wounded. Do you need another shot?"