129. ꕥ Our Family

The Second Dawn Bunker was unlike anything I could've ever imagined — the technology inside the bunker was astonishing with just a glance. I couldn't even begin to wonder about the automation lying within the walls, in the hundreds of rooms, or on the different levels. It was a remarkable feat of engineering, especially having been made over a hundred years ago and with everything supposedly operational. The mechanic part of me had taken over as I had stared in awe at the cellarage I'd be spending the next five years of my life.

Much like the Ark, it had these dull fluorescent lights shining in the room, and I'm sure this bunker shared many aspects with the Ark. I wouldn't really know because I never got to see the Ark — not in its full propulsions as it was in space. There were, more than likely, air scrubbers and a hydro farm, just like I knew there was on the Ark despite never having seen them. The bunker reminded me slightly of the place I used to call home; that was something I wanted to ignore, desiring to explore what this place had to offer, as in apparatuses and tech.

Before I could fully indulge in all the different kinds of machines this place had to offer, we had to deal with our people. Outside of the office we were in was a rotunda, the second room you come to when entering the bunker, and this was where we would decide the fate of Skaikru. Kane, Abby, Jaha, Bellamy, Clarke, Octavia, Indra, and I all stood around the table in the middle of the room, covered with blueprints of the place. Stoic expressions were shared across the table; the bliss of the fascinating bunker we were in had vacated my system.

"This facility won't run itself." Said Kane, inspecting the papers.

Abby nodded dolefully. "We'll need to prioritize doctors and engineers."

"What about Raven?" Bellamy asked from beside me with crossed arms.

It was only about ten minutes after we made it inside the bunker when we got a distress call from Raven, the mechanic panting she was alive. I felt horrible for not taking note of her lacking presence; with all the current events, my mind was struggling to keep up with everything and felt like it was going to explode. A chastise formed in my head with Clarke and Abby wondering how the two could just leave Raven behind, but I had to stifle my thoughts — we couldn't be at each other's throats. Not right now.

"Of course, we'll go for Raven." Kane looked to Bellamy, eyes casting down on me when I spoke.

"Good because I'd go with or without your permission." At my words, Bellamy's grip on my hand tightened, the pads of my fingers running over the blood-stained bandage along his wrist, something I would ask about when we were alone.

"You called this justice?" Jaha spitefully inquired, barely above a whisper, as he stood in front of the open doors leading to the rotunda, which was packed with Grounders, the remaining few coming in through the hatch as we spoke.

"I call this making this right," Octavia countered across the table from me, "thanks to my brother."

Her head slowly turned towards the older, befuddled man, his gaze then turning to the eldest Blake, my eyes narrowing in turmoil. "You let this happen."

"No, you did." I snapped, clenching my hand not interwoven with Bellamy's into a fist. "You took this bunker wrongfully. Bellamy did what was right."

Jaha's mouth was agape, bafflement painstakingly evident in his face while he looked at Kane. "How many of us have to die?"

"Your lucky it's not all of you." Indra seethed.

"Lucky?"

"We have a hundred spots." Kane apprised, the reoccurring number like a nail pressing into the back of my head. "The other clans have all... have all chosen their survivors. We have to do the same."