095. ꕥ Wants And Needs

When the time for me to meet Kane came, I was hurriedly rushing through the Ark to get to the hanger bay. My movements were less than discreet, but luckily the Arkadians I passed were oblivious to my whereabouts. Desperation ran through me as I sped-walked to Kane's current location for the lone fact of wanting to find out what the plan was. All the information I had on the plan was Kane's last words that he may have one. I wanted to find out our latest strategy on how we would stop Pike from initiating a Grounder war.

I now stood next to Kane on the slightly higher level on the hanger bay near the ramp, listening closing as he explained his plan in great detail to me. The two of us were virtually alone in the hanger bay with just a few bystanders nearby, not glancing twice at Kane and me, making it perfect for concealing our anonymity, but not like that mattered anymore. I knew that I was definitely on Pike's radar, and there was no denying he saw me as a possible threat. Usually, I wouldn't care what Pike thought about me, but I didn't have just myself to think about anymore.

"That's a good plan." My head nodded side to side when Kane finished explaining his plan, which was already in motion. Sinclair had been taken to lock-up about an hour ago after being caught "tampering" with the Rover. This was all part of Kane's elaborate plan as Sinclair was to tell Lincoln that their job being in lock-up was to create a riot as a distraction, allowing Kane and I to capture Pike, who was set to check out the Rover any minute, take him to the blockade and turn him over. "Sinclair. That was a good call."

"If the timing is right, we should get out of here unscathed and be able to turn Pike in." Said Kane.

"So it has come to shock lashing Pike's fascist ass and handing him over to the Grounders." I humored, thinking back to Harper's words from this morning and realizing that was exactly what this has come to.

Kane's eyes continued to scour the hanger bay as he sighed, "Joanna."

The faintest smile came to my lips. "I know, Kane. This is very serious, and my jokes aren't in the least bit f—" I cut myself off upon noticing the person slowly walking towards Kane and me. The smile that had previously plagued my lips dissipated at the sight of his hickory curls. My eyes met Bellamy's before they shifted from him to Kane, and when I saw the look on the older man's face, I realized that he knew Bellamy was coming here. A huff of air left my mouth before I gave Kane a tested glare. "Kane..."

But it was far too late for me to try and make a run for it to get away from the awaiting conversation that was sure to happen. All I could do was cross my arms, let out a sigh, and turn to face the same way that Kane was standing.

Bellamy approached Kane on his right, stopping when he stood in line with us before putting his hands on his hips. Kane's head went over to him before turning back toward the hanger bay as mine stared straight ahead, still unable to face Bellamy. There were just a few moments of silence before Bellamy said quietly, "It wasn't much of a plan. Sabotaging the Rover. Keeping an eye on Sinclair was an easy call."

"Was it?" Kane challenged with furrowed brows, turning his head back to the eldest Blake. "Spying on your friend. That was easy?"

There was a short beat before, out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Bellamy turning his body towards us while flashing me a glance. His eyebrows creased together when he seemed to realize that I was blatantly trying to avoid his gaze. As quickly as that look appeared on his face, it disappeared just as quickly.

"People in camp are losing focus. There's a threat outside these walls—"

"The threats inside the walls." Kane interrupted, taking a step closer to Bellamy and not breaking eye contact. "Can't you see that?"