038. ꕥ War

I was sitting around one of the fires we had going around camp. Playing with the rock I held in my hand, my eyes started going over the camp. Everyone was doing something to help, whether that be standing guard or strengthening up defenses. I, on the other hand, was limited to sitting and watching.

I offered my help to Raven, but she shot me down. She said that what she was doing was a one-person job, and the fact that I didn't know what she was doing probably played a factor in me being able to help. I also offered to help Clarke and Finn search for the ignition system. Of course, Clarke didn't let me do that either, telling me I should 'get some rest'.

How was I supposed to rest when I knew the Grounders were coming? How was I supposed to sit here and let everyone else do the work? I wanted to help; I didn't want to play the weak and defenseless girl the whole time.

Just sitting there waiting for an opportunity for me to help someone come. Luckily one did. A kid carrying a couple of sandbags came across my sights. He was struggling to carry all of them, and I took that as my chance to shoot up from my seat as (fast as I could) and with my newly found walking stick, I made my way over to him. "Hey." I called, approaching him. He didn't say anything; he just glanced in my direction. I'm assuming he didn't say anything because he was focusing on not dropping the sandbags. I held out my hand. "Let me take one for you."

He let out a quiet 'thank you' before letting me take one of the bags. I was just about to grab it when someone came storming towards us.

"Jo!" I internally rolled my eyes. Turning around, I came face to face with Bellamy.

"Can I help you?" I raised my eyes brows at him.

Bellamy let out an annoyed sigh. "What are you doing?"

"Helping." I answered simply, gesturing to the kid I was trying to help.

Bellamy went to take the sandbag out of my hand. I pulled my hand back, not allowing him to take it.

"Bellamy, let me help." I demanded. When he seemed reluctant to let me help, my face turned soft. "Please."

"You shouldn't be lifting anything." That was all he said before he grabbed the sandbag out of my hand and carried it off. The kid I was trying to help followed right after.

Now it was my turn to let out an annoyed sigh. I turned back towards the fire when I noticed Finn rushing out of the Dropship.

Narrowing my eyes, I slowly tried to get to him. "Finn!" He stopped and started coming towards me.

We met in the middle, and now I could tell he had a panicked expression on his face. "What's wrong?"

"A lot of things." He mumbled. When I gave him a disapproving look, he told me what he was doing. "We need the medicine at Lincoln's cave to save Raven."

"So you're gonna go get it?!" I raised my voice. "Finn, the Grounders are out there right now, if you go out there, you could die!"

Finn didn't seem to be fazed by my outburst. "I need to do this."

I could tell he had genuine concern and fear that Raven would die. In the little time I've known Finn and Raven, I could tell he'd do anything for her. I knew they'd known each other forever, and even if things didn't work out between the two, they still cared about each other.

Nodding my head, I gave in. "Okay. Just please be careful."

"Yeah." Finn answered, and with that, he's off. I stood there staring ahead, realizing that could be the last time I saw Finn.