032. ꕥ Work, Work

"I thought you said you were heading west

"I thought you said you were heading west. Where are you?" Monty's voice came through the radio.

Bellamy brought the radio up to his mouth. "Just keep the moon on your left, and you'll find us."

A group of us, including me, Bellamy, Monty, Raven, and Octavia, were out in search of the missing trio. It was decided that we would split up, Raven and Octavia, Bellamy and I, and then Monty. I didn't like the fact that Monty was by himself, but he insisted that he'd be okay.

Bellamy and I each had a gun in hand, scouring the woods ahead. I gripped my gun a bit tighter as I spoke. "Do you think we'll find them?"

Bellamy shook his head. "I don't know, but I hope so."

My eyes kept darting around the forest. "I hope Finn is okay."

"He'll be okay." Bellamy assured. "I know he means a lot to you."

Bellamy was right — Finn does mean a lot to me. He had become someone I'd grown extremely close to. He was there for me the night John was banished, and he's been my rock ever since. He's the closest friend I've ever had, and I was thankful that it was him.

Out of nowhere, a strange noise comes across the radio, and I'm not sure exactly what it is. My head snapped over to the radio in Bellamy's hand as it continued to play the obscure noise.

"Is anyone else hearing this signal?" Monty's voice came through the radio again.

"Just keep your eyes open." Raven ordered over the radio.

"I think it's the same thing we heard in the black box." Monty kept pushing.

Bellamy brought the radio back up to his mouth. "Damn it, Monty, pay attention. Do you see anything?" When Monty did not respond, he talked into the radio again. "Report."

The same odd noise kept playing on the radio as we still didn't get any response from Monty. This caused me to feel more on edge and my heart to beat faster.

"Bellamy, I don't like this—" The end of my sentence was cut off by a high-pitched ringing sound that came from the radio. It continued for a second or two before turning into static.

After a moment, Raven's low voice came through the radio. "There's someone in the bushes."

Bellamy didn't say anything as he looked over to me and nodded in the direction of Raven and Octavia. Lifting my gun, I followed close behind him through the woods. When we git closer, he turned back to look at me. "Stay behind me."

I vigorously shook my head in response before we continued to make our way towards the two girls. When we got close enough, I could hear Octavia ask, "Myles, what happened?"

Myles? Hope lit up in me. But that hope quickly disappeared when we made it to Raven and Octavia. I saw only an injured Myles lying on the ground and no sign of anyone else.