103. ꕥ Me And You

The first thing I felt when I woke up was a pounding headache, hearing my heartbeat in my ears. My body wanted to move around, but I quickly realized that I couldn't when I felt that my hands were restrained behind my back, my ankles were tied together, and the gag in my mouth wasn't hard to miss either. When I slowly opened my eyes, I let all the senses return to my body. With blurred vision, my eyes scanned the room where I was sitting, recognizing that I was in the airlock.

But it wasn't just me that was in the airlock; everyone else was there too, alive and awake, minus Bellamy, Clarke, and Sinclair. Harper, Bryan, and Miller were all here, explaining why we hadn't heard from them. Most of us were seated and in the same position I was besides Miller and Octavia, who were both standing, with me being seated between the latter and Jasper.

In the middle of the airlock, I recognized the man standing there to be Emerson — Mount Weather Emerson. The man who was a prisoner in Arkadia for less than a day before being let go to send a message that was also used as a distraction. He had received blood treatments and eventually bone marrow from the forty-eight who were inside Mount Weather. Somehow he was back, and he sure had vengeance in his actions.

When Emerson saw that I was awake, he looked over at me with a sinister smile. "Good. You're awake. Wouldn't want you to miss any of the fun."

He walked over to Octavia, standing behind her, looking out the open airlock door with a knife in hand, making my stomach wrench. I was tempted in trying to break free, maybe kicking his legs to try and demobilize him but decided against it knowing that wouldn't do anyone any good right now.

"I held up my part of the deal." My head snapped over to the door when I heard the voice of Clarke. She slowly walked up with her hands raised, eyes shifting between everyone before going back to Emerson. "Your turn. Let my friends go."

"Tell Bellamy to show himself first." Emerson stated.

"I don't know what you're talking—"

Clarke was cut off when Emerson sent his hand without the knife into Octavia's stomach with a scream, resulting in a grunt coming from Octavia. All of a sudden, Bellamy emerged from the corner, coming into view with a gun in hand. "No!"

Bellamy's eyes quickly found me for a split second; the look that was in his eyes from earlier was gone entirely. It was replaced with the worried look that I had become used to seeing when looking at Bellamy. It was that look of unease with a barely noticeable mixture of fear and, of course, that protective look of determination.

His eyes went right back to Octavia when Emerson took the knife in his hands and placed it to Octavia's throat while the other pulled her head back. "Good. Now, take out the clip, and throw it down the hall, put the gun on the ground and get inside."

My heart rate sped up at Emerson's orders, my eyes never leaving Bellamy, watching his every move as Clarke begged, "Please. You wanted me. I'll get inside once you let them go."

"I was talking to Bellamy." Emerson declared, his hold on Octavia not faltering as he slid the blade across her chest, invoking a small amount of blood to trickle down.

"Okay, okay. Just... just stop." Bellamy pleaded before slowly starting to disarm himself by lifting the gun strap over his shoulder. If I could, I'd stop Bellamy from disarming, but I couldn't, so I started to shake my head and kick and scream muffled, 'no's' through the gag, not wanting Bellamy to give up. That only resulted in me receiving two hard kicks to the side from Emerson, most definitely leaving some form of a bruise behind. "Stop! Don't hurt her."

Groans came from my lips as I helplessly watched Bellamy set the gun on the ground and rid himself of any weapons. He raised his hands and began to walk towards us, eyes flickering from me to Octavia. My head continued to shake vigorously as tears caused by a mixture of pain and sorrow pooled in my eyes.