023. ꕥ Pardon

Walking around camp wasn't getting any easier. Kids were acting stupidly crazy and getting in my way. I tied to make my way past them and find Monty, who I was still looking for.

I walked past a tent when I heard the missing boy's voice. When he said, "I can't change the tide if the moon won't cooperate," I smiled to myself and headed back in the direction of the tent.

I walked in just in time to hear Finn say, "Get out of here."

Finn's eyes shifted to me behind Monty when I entered. Finn was lying in his bed resting with Raven. I mouthed a 'sorry' gesturing to Monty before he spoke again.

"It's basic physics." Monty acted like we were supposed to know that.

"Okay, Monty, let's leave Finn and Raven alone." I said, putting my hands on his shoulders and directing him out of the tent. Monty scoffed and exited willingly and very fast, I might add. I turned back to Finn and Raven. "I am so sorry. They're all going crazy."

Coming out of the tent, I stopped and looked around me. Complete chaos and craziness were going on, some kids were crying in corners, and others were laughing hysterically. There were also the tubs of nuts scattered everywhere, explaining how all these kids got them.

Raven came out of the tent and stood next to me. "It's bad." Was all I said, still watching the chaos unfold. "It's the nuts there somehow hallucinogenic."

Raven just nodded beside me before turning back to the tent entrance. "Scratch that. Get out here."

Once Finn got out here, I explained to him and Raven what had happened. "So, all these people are high off nuts?" Raven clarified.

"Yes." I answered.

"We have to get rid of them." Finn said.

"Okay, here's the plan." I started. "All we have to do is keep these people here and out of danger long enough for it to wear off."

"If it wears off." Raven mumbled.

I gave her a look before continuing. "And we have to burn all the nuts."

Finn nodded his head. "I'll get on that."

❣︎

After a while, we finally managed to get almost everyone calm and settled. I was on Jasper and Monty sitting duty. I managed to get them to calm down. Jasper was curled up on one of the Dropship seats we had, sitting around hugging his anti-Grounder stick. Monty was in their tent getting some much-needed rest after I found him trying to eat a pine cone. When I knew they weren't going to move, I went to help Finn and Raven.

We got the rest of the camp calm except for a few others. Those 'others' included Connor, also known as the guy who suggested hanging my brother.

Standing at the fire next to Finn, who was pouring the remaining nuts in said fire, I glared at the kid. Raven was hugging him, trying to get him to calm down. I wasn't one to hold grudges, but boy, am I holding one against him.

Finn leaned slightly closer to me. "You know, if you keep staring, you're gonna drill a hole through his head."

"Maybe that's what I want." I remarked.

"You can't hold grudges, Jo." Finn said.

"Why not?"

"You're not holding a grudge against Bellamy, right? So why hold one against a kid you barely even know?" Finn tried to reason with me.

"Bellamy's different." I mumbled.

"Really, how so? Maybe you want to tell me about that?" Finn challenged. I didn't say anything; I just gave him an annoyed look.