ii: Worth The Wait

Patience was a quality Bellamy liked to believe he adorned — Bellamy thought he was a patient person. Dealing with his teenage sister both on the Ark and on the ground and with a hundred delinquents required a certain patience from him; he felt he had grown his patience over time. Sure, there may have been a few times the word 'patient' didn't adequately describe Bellamy — for instance, the time he acted on impulses when seeing an injured Murphy emerge from the Dropship and started to beat him to a pulp. In hindsight, Bellamy realized that may not have been the best course of action, seeing as it prevented him from going to Jo seconds later, and it landed him arrested and locked up. But besides that, Bellamy thought he was a patient person and that he had grown good at waiting.

However, when it came to Jo, Bellamy was not so good at waiting. He was hiding it well — or so he thought — that he liked Jo. He really liked her. Truth be told, Bellamy wanted to make a move; plain and simple, that's what he wanted to do. Bellamy wanted to tell or show Jo how much she meant to him, and much to Bellamy's displeasure, something always came up where that couldn't happen. It was utterly torturing Bellamy.

And even though Bellamy knew that they had the imminent threat of Mount Weather hanging over their heads with the forty-seven still being stuck inside of the death trap, Clarke had claimed it to be, and the fact that Finn and Murphy were out in the open woods looking for their friends that they definitely were not going to find, he still wanted to make a move. Maybe that made Bellamy a selfish person, but he didn't care; he simply couldn't wait any longer, so that's how Bellamy decided that he was done being patient, and when the next opportunity presented itself, he would take his chance.

Currently, though, Bellamy's patience was being tested as he and Clarke stood outside the door where Abby and several adults were convening about what to do. After Bellamy had ensured Jo was in the medical tent, getting the care she needed, Bellamy then made sure the girl they had saved, Mel, was also getting the attention she required. Once he was sure everyone was taken care of was when he made the journey back inside the Ark to where he stood now.

The two co-leaders waited anxiously, the blond pacing back and forth before the closed door, preventing any words from being heard from this side — Bellamy would know, he's the one who had to check — while he stood on the wall across from the door, his arms crossed. Bellamy fought the urge to tap his finger against his arm as they waited — Bellamy felt like they had been waiting for an eternity for an answer. He wanted to know what was going to happen with everything. Were they going to send out someone for Finn and Murphy? What were they going to do about Mount Weather? Bellamy knew what he was doing; whether it required him to defy orders or not was up to the people inside that room. Things were not how he hoped they would be when he first saw the Ark coming down from the darkness of space.

Bellamy's attention was grabbed from the open door when to his left, Jo appeared storming through the hallways, looking for answers on her brother and Finn. Her eyes darted over to the blond, who didn't even regard her entrance, and simultaneously, Jo saw the closed door. Bellamy couldn't help his face fall, watching a frown tug at her lips on the revelation no decision had been made about her brother yet.

That look quickly disappeared from her face, though, as she turned to Bellamy, his jacket in her hand as she now sported the green one she always wore. "Hey." She mumbled, outstretching her arm to Bellamy, in an awkward manner that didn't seem at all ordinary for Jo. "Um... Here's your jacket back."

"Thanks." Bellamy gave her a light smile and even one that minuscule had Jo's mood-brightening for the slightest of moments.

Jo swiveled on her feet next to Bellamy, the two standing shoulder to shoulder now as she faced the closed door, her eyes following Clarke as she asked Bellamy, "Have you heard anything yet?"