Futures Unwritten

Ochako POV:

After the final exams, we were all told that we were going to a training camp some days after with those that didn't pass having to take remedial lessons while there. The goal of this was to get us ready for the Provisional which was to be held shortly before we'd return to school from summer break. For the time now till the training camp, we had our own time off. Using that, I decided to pay Nighteye a visit to try and get some information I really wanted settled.

"So you wanted to speak to me today. What is this about?" I didn't know how to answer it since I was worried he'd refuse. "Is it in regards to Midoriya perhaps?" I nodded before trying to respond.

"When you spoke with him after the Hosu incident, did you use your quirk to find out what his future would be?"

"Perhaps. Why do you ask?"

I went into my pocket to pull out the detonator. "This is to a bomb in Midoriya's head. The only reason I'm telling you is because you seem to have trust in the fact Midoriya isn't dangerous. He gave this to me in hopes that if he would become a monster like his father, he'd have the safety of being able to die a human before being reborn as a monster."

"Hmmm...So he gave it to you and you haven't pressed it yet. For as long as I've known you, all you've desired is to take vengeance and end Midoriya. To be fair, I still believe you didn't deserve OFA and it should've gone to Togata-"

"He wouldn't have been able to hold OFA for a long period of time without it breaking him."

"Excuse me?" Nighteye looked at me confused while I explained.

"OFA from what me and Midoriya have been told has transcended a point in which someone with a quirk can naturally hold it. Me losing mine for years was actually what made me more compatible with it in a way. Now that I have mine back though, OFA will eventually break me. As such, I want to give it to Midoriya when I start seeing early stages of my body breaking down."

"I see." He raised his glasses up before diving deeper into this. "Who else knows that this will happen?"

"Just Midoriya and me know of this. If I told dad, he'd immediately refuse and would even go as far as taking back OFA. Obviously that's not possible anymore and him taking it back might be more dangerous now than it's been on him before."

"So why is Midoriya even in the consideration of taking the quirk?"

"The past users said he was the better offer. From gaining the ability to talk to one another in the quirk, the former holders have determined that OFA should be with the quirkless since their cup is naturally empty to begin with and OFA can't make it overflow. At least that's the logic they gave. Since quirkless people are kinda well....endangered so to speak, Midoriya is the next best thing. The fact his quirk and body allows him to hold multiple is actually something that makes him compatible with it. So when things start to become dangerous on me, I agreed to give him the quirk in hopes to prevent any danger. But for both of our benefits, I want to know if his future is something I need to take into consideration with this."

"Surprisingly thoughtful of you. Anyway, back to the topic at hand."  Nighteye pulled his glasses off to clean them while answering. "I did look into his future. But there was something off when I did."

"What do you mean by 'off'?"

"When I tried using it, I saw nothing after a fight in Kamino some months out as it looked. But that isn't where things were strange. I saw Midoriya facing his own father looking injured while being offered a chance to join. It looked as if he was uneasy with the answer with my vision being unable to dive deeper."