A Date?

Ochako POV:

After being given the awards, Aizawa had us all come back to the class to explain that we had the next two days off to rest and heal. For the most part, we weren't in bad shape in technicality. Other than a few scrapes and bruises, we were all fine. Iida on the other hand had some kind of family issue to force him to leave early and I haven't heard what happened after. But my main issue wasn't that. It was what happened to have me win and Midoriya's comment. When Aizawa cleared us to leave, I followed Midoriya out of the classroom and grabbed his arm. "You and I need to have a chat." I walked him to an empty hallway where I pushed him near a wall. "What the hell is wrong with you!? You think I'm that weak to not even take me seriously!?" I was fit to be tied. Not only did he refuse to fight me, he forfeited after letting me literally beat him bloody for five minutes. "TALK! WHY DIDN'T YOU FIGHT ME BACK IN THE FINALS!?" He looked at me with a cold stare before answering. "Because I didn't want to be what you think I am."

"W-wait. What are you talking about?" "What I did when we were kids was wrong and I'm not saying it wasn't. What you've been doing because of that accident back then is wrong even if you have the reason to. But there's one thing that I refuse to do and is exactly why I wasn't going to fight you." "Which is?" He stared at me before answering. "Harm someone that doesn't deserve it." This comment was somewhat scary for me as he explained. "The reason I couldn't give you back your quirk when we were little was because I was kidnapped the day of with my mother dying." I remembered the story Nezu told me to know where this is going. "When I woke up, I found out that Overhaul killed my mother just because she wanted to protect me. Unfortunately, my issues didn't stop there. When my father had me, he forced quirks inside me and made me hurt people because he just wanted to make me into a monster. But I never wanted to be a monster like him. I just wanted to be me and nobody else." I was kinda surprised that I heard this now from two different people with no real difference between the two stories.

"When I was finally free thanks to Tenko, him, me, and Nezu were able to live in freedom. Obviously this wasn't going to make the years of torment go away. We all have tried to cope with this the best we could in our own ways." I remained silent up till now before asking. "W-what was yours?" "I tried to find a way to first find out what happened with my mother only to realize my father wasn't lying. After, I began to find ways to cope with my mind being turned into the hell hole it was. I still suffer through several cases of PTSD due to this. Not only that, but I try to make the best I could out of the situation I have." "What do you mean?" "I have an armada of quirks. If I can use these for what they should've been done for, then maybe I can make what happened to me a benefit for everyone." "So you plan to use them for what they should've been used for." He nods before I get to a point I wanted. "So you gave up because you didn't want to prove to me you were the monster your father is even though you could've beaten me." He nodded for me to walk away. "I'll tolerate that answer for now, but don't think I'm going to accept that next time."

As I walked away, I noticed the Shiozaki girl come over and talk to Midoriya. "Excuse me Midoriya, but I wanted to ask you if you are free tomorrow." I stopped in my tracks when I heard the comment. Looking back, I started to hide near a corner to overhear what was happening. "I-I don't." "Well, would you mind going out and spending some time with me?" 'IS SHE ASKING MIDORIYA OUT ON A DATE!?' "U-uh, sure." She took out a piece of paper to hand to Midoriya. "That is my cell phone number. If something comes up, please inform me. If you are still able to, I shall meet you at the Kiyashi's shopping mall district at 11." She walks away for Midoriya to look at the piece of paper with a deep red blush on him. I was amazed of what I had witnessed before hearing Bakugou behind me. "Oi. Uraraka, what are you doing-" "You and me are going to watch Midoriya tomorrow." "Why?" "That Shiozaki girl just asked him out and I don't trust him to not do something to hurt her." I lied to Bakugou for some reason I'm not entirely sure why before he grinned. "If he steps out of line, I'll fucking blow him up." "Good for you Pomeranian."