Stitching Together

Izuku POV:

After the therapy session that me and Uraraka had, things began getting better with us. It's hard to explain, but we kinda got the last bit of issues between us out in the open. It may have been only a day, but we've without a doubt gotten a lot of growth from what Hound Dog said. I started walking down into the common space to see most of class B there.

"Hey Midoriya. Heroics class for us won't start until the afternoon." Kendo walked over with Pork Rinds going over and sitting in front of her. "Hello, pig. How'd you sleep last night?"

"*oink* *oink*." Pork Rinds put his paw up as his way to say he slept well.

"Such an unsightly thing. Then again, it's fitting for a former class A slime-*smack*." Monoma attempted to try something before a floating hand slapped him across the face.

"DON'T INSULT THE PIG! HE'S A SMART LITTLE GUY! IF I'D COMPARE HIS BRAIN TO ANYONE'S HERE, I'D SAY HE'S SMARTER THAN YOU! AT LEAST PORK RINDS DOESN'T PICK STUPID FIGHTS!"

Monoma stared down at Pork Rinds irritated before shooting his mouth off again. "At least I have a quirk!"

"One that's no different than drawing a lottery card that won't work on mutation types or any that requires external features to happen." I pointed this out while also giving an example. "If you were in a room and your life required you to copy someone like Fatgum's quirk or even Yaoyorozu's quirk, you'd be screwed."

"YA SEE!? EVEN SHRUB BOY GETS IT! NOW BACK OFF THE PIG!" Pork Rinds went over to Tokage who smiled at him. "Aww. You're such a good pig. Can you find me the remote? Kinoko lost it yesterday."

"Did not! You were sitting in the recliner over there and fell asleep with it!" Komori shouted with Pork Rinds sniffing around before going towards the recliner and going under it. He came back out with the TV remote in his mouth to bring towards Setsuna. "HA! Even Mr. pig proves you wrong."

Pork Rinds placed the remote on the ground and turned on the TV to the animal channel which was running a documentary on domestic pigs today. "Just how smart is this pig?"

"Smarter than most people as far as I can determine." I walked into the kitchen to make myself something while also fixing Pork Rinds' meal. As I did, Kendo came in to talk.

"So, Midoriya. How are you holding up? You know, after umm...everything that happened."

"I've been worse, I'll say that." I placed Pork Rinds food on the ground before calling him. "*whistle* Slop time!" He didn't come to me for it to be apparent he's being stubborn. "He's gonna make me go over to him." I walked over to see Honenuki try to take the remote from Pork Rinds for him to squeal at him while placing his paw on his hand.

"Ok. Your remote."

"Sorry. He's adamant when it comes to stuff he likes watching. It's the only part of him that he's stubborn about." I placed the bowl next to him for Pork Rinds to keep looking at the TV while he ate. I went back in the kitchen to start making me something with Kendo and I continuing our conversation.

"So did you give Pork Rinds an IQ quirk or something?"

"Nope. He's a naturally smart pig. Not only that, most animals can't handle the strain of a quirk inside them and would die a few days after."

"So Nezu's an exception then?" I nodded. "So only humans can hold quirks."

"A quirk."

"Excuse me?"

"A quirk. Humans can only naturally hold 'a quirk'. The quirk factors in their body can only produce genes to maintain one quirk."

"But what about people like Monoma who can copy other quirks and you who can hold multiple?"