Pained Words

Ochako POV:

As the time before the final event went by, I decided to find someone to talk to and hopefully make some sense of what I heard from Midoriya. In my travels, I bumped into principal Nezu. "Why hello there Ms. Uraraka." "Hello principal Nezu sir." I bowed to him before looking away a little. "You seem troubled. Is there anything I can do to help?" 'Wait a minute. Midoriya lives with Nezu if I remember correctly. He's also one of the only people that sides with Midoriya that doesn't technically hate me as far as I can tell.' "Sir, I'd like to talk to you about Midoriya." He understood your motion me towards a room that wasn't occupied. Once inside, we both sat across from each other. "Now, what would you like to learn of Mr. Midoriya?" I didn't know how to start, so I wanted to make this clear before anything. "This...this may go into a more personal topic as a forewarning." "Fair enough." I didn't know where to begin, so I just wanted to know first off what led to where we are. "What happened to Midoriya after I had my quirk stolen?"

He scratched the side of his head before asking. "Why exactly does this matter?" "I keen denying his requests. A while before the final round was discussed, I overheard a conversation with him and Todoroki and a comment about Overhaul taking him. I pieced together that he was kidnapped by his father at some point, but I want to know exactly what happened." He sighed before answering. "From what Midoriya has told me and Tenko, the day he left and ran away from your school, Overhaul was sent to find and retrieve Midoriya. He started with his home where the man found his mother. From what the reports and the villain said, he had used his quirk and well...let's just put that it does not sound like a good way to die on paper and leave it at that." 'I did read up on Overhaul thanks to dad's connections. I can get the lack of pleasantry.' "After finding him on the streets, Overhaul has knocked Midoriya out and brought him to a holding cell where myself and Tenko were already prisoners at. There, we suffered our own forms of hell that we can never forget." Nezu held his scar explaining this last part for me to still not have all the pieces.

"But why did AFO do this?" "To end the cycle that you and your father are in." I stopped for a second when he said me and dad. "I know of your's and All Might's quirk to know you didn't just 'manifest' another. He chose you as his successor and now you are the 9th holder of his quirk OFA. Your hatred for Midoriya's father is just. I will not lecture you on that. But understand that Midoriya is as much of not more of a victim of his father's misdeeds as you and All Might are. The fact you still refuse to at least make some form of acceptance that he wishes to make amends is beyond me. Having your original quirk and OFA mixed together would be nothing short of an astounding power. Perhaps you could even surpass AFO." Nezu hopped off his seat and began walking towards the door. "I understand this was All Might's choice. But if you truly were the best by the displays you've shown, I would have to believe with Nighteye in thinking there were a million others who deserved the quirk more than you."

Nezu left the room with the information sinking inside my skull at this. 'He's right. What have I been doing? I've let my petty anger get the best of me and now I can't even tell whether or not what I'm doing is right now.' "You have squandered the gift you have and should reconsider what you are doing." I began to hear a voice as if someone else was in the room. "Great, now I'm hearing voices." "You aren't. At least, not the kind to make you question if you're sane or not." "Ok, who's prancing me right now?" I turn around to see a man with baggy clothing and what looked like unkempt hair like Midoriya's. "My apologies for not introducing myself earlier. I am the first user of OFA." I looked closely at the person to see they were translucent. "How are we speaking right now?" "It's complicated to discuss right now, but we can because of our connections to the quirk you hold currently. But I am not here to discuss that. I am here to make you understand what I have seen through my eyes and your eyes. My nephew as the small rodent you call Nezu said is correct. Izuku is not the monster you think he is. My brother would do anything to be on top and that would include harming his own family."