Tyranny and Tigers

few years ago, Izuku POV:

"Tyranny and Tigers?"

"Yes, Izuku. It's a method people use when they are comparing freedom while being presented with it after being held by a Tyrannical dictator to." After we had escaped, Nezu had taken it upon himself to teach me what he could to bring me to where I needed. "Basically, Tyranny stricken people do not know the damaged situation they are in nearly as well as they should unless they are given the privilege of seeing what free will can give. But once they are forced to go back to that, they would overall rather deal with something as dangerous as tigers since at that point, they could die a quick and easier death. This is a way to explain that the situation you, me and Tenko were in. We were in a situation where tyranny was our everyday life. Now we have a touch of freedom where we'd rather the tiger over that existence again."

"I see. So the tiger in this reference is a way to explain someone would rather death over what they had overcame."

"Exactly. But freedom isn't something we can guarantee forever. Freedom is something we work on. Freedom is something we need to maintain and understand where it ends and tyranny begins. It's a very fine line that is easy to cross between the two that we must be cautious of."

"I see." I held my chin in pondering this before Nezu continued.

"Izuku. You understand the aspects of what tyranny can do first hand just like us. But unlike those that do, you have the power in you to become a tyrant without even realizing it. With that in mind, you must be fully cautious of where your line falls. I am confident that you will take steps in yourself to avoid this from being a chance, but you must never become that which you are fearful of. If you do, people would rather a tiger such as a villain far over you."

Back to present, 3rd person POV:

"Midoriya...." Hado looked in shock as Izuku was eaten with no warning. Seeing this happen, Ryukyu stood in front seething with rage.

"Nejire. Froppy. I'll handle an escape. The two of you leave and explain the situation of the mission."

"I'm not leaving you here, Ryukyu!"

"Just do as I say, Nejire. We've already lost one of you, I'm not letting another person die because I chose wrong." Ryukyu was about to transform before a strange sound was being heard from the creature. "I don't like where this is going." Out of nowhere, several tendrils came out of the monster's mouth that looked like they were no different than razor sharp needles. "EVERYONE GET BACK NOW!"

"ROOOAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" The monster roared as the tendrils instead of attacking the three, went right for the monster and sliced it's head apart as it's stomach tore open with some kind of demonic looking face smiling while feasting on it's flesh. The three watched in horror as the monstrous beast was soon devoured with only a small mound of flesh left. Emerging from it, Izuku stood with his body altering with the face of what was eating the creature going inside his back.

"Is everyone alright?" Izuku turned to everyone with Ryukyu shocked beyond words.

"W-what was that?"

"Another quirk my father gave me. Grand Devourer. With it, I can feast upon anything and anyone. It was made as a form of genocide that would be used to make an example of those that wouldn't follow his rule." Izuku looked at his hands while thinking out loud. "Tyranny and Tigers, right Nezu?"

"What was that?" Tsu asked for Izuku to shake his head.

"An old saying Nezu said to me some time back. Basically it's a reference of Tyranny compared to Tigers."

"Ah yes. The old metaphor." Ryukyu looked at Izuku who was covered in blood still uneasy. "Are you alright with how this ended?"

"That thing wasn't even what it should've been. All that was left was a monster that needed to go down. I'll admit, I hated having to be the one to take it down. But better me and know for a fact someone didn't get hurt, than to leave it to someone else who doesn't need to and they fail."