Anguish of Loss

Ochako POV:

I started to wake up with the feeling of a throbbing headache and the sight of florescent lights blinding me. "Owww. Why does this have to hurt?"

"You're up?" I moved my body to feel my arm in a cast and a bunch of IVs connected to my other arm.

"Yeah. What happen-" I stopped when seeing Shiozaki covered in bandages. Her head had gauze all over it  going down the side of her head with what looked like her lip was stitched back together. Not only that, but  it looked like her body had several bandages over her limbs and even more from what I can assume where I can't see. "Shiozaki, are you....are you ok?"

"Been better. From the fight with the villains, I had a few puncture wounds in some organs, several cuts on my body with when I was found suffering from lack of blood, the cuts were able to cause possible nerve damage and forcing me to train my legs to strengthen them back as well as concussion from a falling from a height." I winced in pain at this before seeing her look even more depressed. "But to be honest, that is not what I am hurting from."

I realized what she said to ask her. "Shiozaki. What happened to Midoriya?"

"He....he *sniffle* I couldn't protect him." She started crying from this to explain what happened. "AFO came and he *hic* he took Midoriya away. I couldn't do anything against him. He needed to depend on me and I let him down." She spoke shakily through tears for my head to lay back on the bed. My bandaged arm went to my head as I pulled my hair back accepting that we lost. "It's all my fault. If only I didn't push Midoriya to tell me the truth, none of this would've happened."

"No. It's just as much my fault as it is yours. If I wasn't as much of a bitch as I've been to Midoriya up until now, maybe things would've played out completely different." I looked at the pads on my hands enraged at myself. 'If only I'd have accepted his offer the first time he tried to give me back Zero Gravity to find out the drawbacks of having a quirk with OFA sooner, maybe Midoriya would've never had to put his neck out like this.' "We're faced with an even worse problem unfortunately. AFO has OFA now. The one power that could beat the most powerful villain is in his hands now."

The door started to open to Shigaraki, Miruko and Nezu coming in with flowers. Beneath them, Pork Rinds was coming over and looking as if he was depressed. "I see you two are both awake now. That is good." The principal put half of the flowers near me while Shigaraki placed the rest near Shiozaki.

"Sir, I-"

"I know. Midoriya is gone and so is OFA." Hearing him say this, I was about to ask about this before he beat me to the punch. "Sir Nighteye talked to me." Pork Rinds got up on Shiozaki's bed to lay on her lap hiding his face in her.

"This...If only I was able to fix how I acted in the past." My fist clenched for Shigaraki to speak up.

"We can sit here and complain what we did wrong forever, but that won't change what happened nor does it help the situation right now. The only thing we can do now is address where to go from now." Miruko got up after hearing this to walk towards me. She grabbed my gown to lift me up in rage.

"You bitch! YOU SCREWED UP AND NOW YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL PITY! WHY WERE YOU THREE OUT THERE!? YOU SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN ALONE!"

"Rumi, stop! This isn't helping anyone."

"LIKE HELL IT DOESN'T HELP!? IF SHE WASN'T A FUCKING IDIOT AND LET THEM LEAVE THE CAMP GROUNDS, NONE OF THIS WOULD'VE HAPPENED!"

"You can't guarantee that!"

"OH I CAN'T!? IF MIDORIYA WOULD'VE BEEN IN THE GROUP AT THE TRAINING GROUNDS, NONE OF THIS WOULD'VE HAPPENED!"

"No. Nothing would've changed." Shiozaki spoke up to infuriate the rabbit hero.