Guilt

This will take place on the same day as the last two chapters with Ochako. Enjoy.

Ochako POV:

After finding out that Midoriya and Tsu went to Ryukyu's agency for their Work Study, I began heading off towards Nighteye's for my own. Once there, I had noticed his sidekick Bubble Girl strapped to some kind of torture machine forced to be tickled to the point she looked like she was ready to pee herself. 'JUST WHAT KIND OF PSYCHOPATH DOES THAT TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING!?'

"I see you're both here. Good. We can begin the matter at hand." Nighteye released Bubble Girl from her prison for the sudden act to still concern me.

"What the heck happened to force him to do that with Bubble Girl?" I whispered to Togata who shrugged.

"Wasn't that funny I guess."

I shook thinking of this answer and hoped he wouldn't do that to me in the future. "Currently, the agency we're part of is going over high profile cases that work underground. Uraraka. What do you know of the Yakuza?"

"Uhh, they're an old organization of crime lords that were able to stand atop when quirks didn't exist. Once they began showing up though, they became less and less capable of controlling the crime underworld. Long in the short, they're just a bad memory of a time before quirks that are for the most part not as much of a threat now."

"Correct. However, recently they have shown more of a threat. I'm sure you're both familiar with the man Kai Chisaki, correct?" We both nodded for Nighteye to continue. "Our investigation is to find out if this man still holds ties with the Yakuza. If he does, we can directly link them and the League together and thus create a warrant to take down their base. Inside, we also believe they are working on a quirk neutralizing drug. This will deactivate a quirk entirely and keep it deactive for a long period of time. What we know of how it works is still unknown, but we plan to find out."

"Ok, so why don't we storm the Yakuza base now? I mean, they're criminals from the past. Why is that now a problem?"

"Let me ask you this, Togata." I tried to answer the question for him with my own. "What kept the police of the past from doing so in their time? We personally know that they're criminals and thugs, but we can't prove it with facts. If we tried to bring them in or get a warrant, we'd need undeniable proof that what they're doing is illegal and have valid sources for this. If we can't, we have no legal grounds to search the premises, let alone arrest anyone."

"Uravity is correct. Though they are criminals, we can't pin anything on them to make this more difficult. Every act that they've been part of has been for the most part having their position as random bystanders. The fact they show up at several is fishy alone, but there is no evidence to say otherwise. As such, we can't touch them. But that doesn't mean we can't find a way to pin something on them. But one thing does bug me." Nighteye looked at me before continuing. "Do you remember what AFO had said to you, Midoriya and your friends when you were in your dreamscape?"

I thought of what he said before answering. "He said something about Midoriya's cycle of torment being repeated."

"Correct. I don't know the exact merit to this, but it begs the question of just what exactly he was planning. As such, we'd need to find a location that would keep someone in order to tell where exactly this person would be. If we find them when the trauma first began, we could possibly salvage their lives and keep them from being completely incapable of returning to daily life."

"Wait, then wouldn't it make sense to look for AFO's secret bases like Ryukyu's group is doing." Togata did hold a valid point. If this was connected to AFO, it would probably be in a secret base of his.