Disaster's Origins

Flashback to an hour ago, Ochako POV:

"Alright. Why are we going to Tartarus?" I asked as Nighteye gave me an offer to do an Internship with him. He started me immediately with our first stop as part of his agency being at Tartaurs.

"Because it is part of an investigation that my agency is doing. As such, we need to gather as much information as possible. Primarily from a certain individual who this investigation is centered around. I doubt I have to tell you of all people who."

"....All For One." I felt a dark chill go down my spine as I spoke his name.

"Correct. Though it pains me to say, the chances aren't large for us having any form of information given to us by him. For reasons that are obvious, you'll be going inside and discussing with the villain."

"Wait, why are you sending me in to talk with AFO? Wouldn't it make more sense to send someone who's more experienced with interrogating people to talk to him like you or one of your sidekicks or even Togata?" I asked not exactly seeing why they'd send a highschooler in to talk to a sociopath with no form of formal training in interrogations.

"Unfortunately we tried that prior. It failed as all we could get out of him was mindless banter. I figured you'd be more capable of getting something out of him since you hold a slight history with him."

"Wait, Sir. If we're trying to get someone who has history with him, wouldn't it had made more sense to bring Midoriya instead? He is working with Ryukyu to be part of this investigation."

"I figured it would be too soon to bring Midoriya here, Mirio. Though physically he surpasses All Might, he is still very mentally weak to his father. As such, it would probably be for the best to wait until he gets to a more suitable point in his life before subjecting him to his father's evil once more."

I didn't like the thought of this, but it made some sense now that he explained it. "What do you want me to try and find out?"

"The location of the League and more predominantly, Kai Chisaki as well as any further plans he had with Midoriya. This one was asked by the Hero Board since they are still on edge with if we should trust him or not. Perhaps if we also look into the origins of how Midoriya came to be, we can assess if he is dangerous or not for the Hero Board."

"Alright. I'll not make any promises, but I'll try."

Back to present, 3rd person POV:

"This story begins probably four years before you were born. All Might had begun returning to this country and making quite a name for himself. It was quite bothersome. OFA had always been a thorn in my side ever since it was made. However, that idiot Toshinori was something else. In the previous battle with his mentor, I noticed something about OFA and him. It was to a point it could become a danger to my plans. Though I focused a large portion of my efforts to control Japan entirely, I was not blind to the outside world to see what All Might was doing. He was defeating big names in the world, shaking the underworld to it's core. Not that I wouldn't be able to handle him, but there was one problem that continued to grow. OFA was beginning to reform and recreate itself into something else. I grew a bit concerned that if I was not able to stop it soon, even my own power wouldn't be able to defeat it."

"So you were scared of my dad, then." Ochako smirked before AFO corrected her.

"Not exactly. I was concerned of his quirk's growth and the inevitable. This is why I had rid myself of the past holders to only find out after that they already gave the quirk away. But as I began pondering how to handle All Might discreetly without revealing myself until the time was right to the public, a thought came to me. Tell me, child. Have you ever heard of the Quirk Singularity theory?"