No.3

//Riptide Campaign

uhhh more Gillion brainrot because he is so fun as a character ;')

no real spoilers? just Gillion brain rot :D

So my idea with this is that,,, Gillion is still adjusting to being away from home and has just really been welcomed to Chip's boat so he's never really seen like a sunset? Idk thought it could be cute ;')

Does this count as Chip/Gillion if it's just them?

u h

Also! Idk why I forgot that Jay joined before Gill? But I guess it works? Idk, ;_;

TW// don't think there's any? if there is please let me know! :)

----

It had been only a couple of hours since Chip had gained a new... crewmate? He still hadn't gotten any kind of name from them, but that was fine. He supposed it was nice to have some kind of company after so long on his own, even if his new member hadn't been very talkative or hadn't gotten up yet from bed. The young pirate had been sailing for a while before he came across this figure just floating in the middle of the sea. For a second he thought that it was a dead body, the colour not helping. But to his surprise, and apparently the figure's, they weren't dead! Just... voluntarily floating? Chip had offered for them to stay awhile on his ship, he was headed to a port anyway, so he could drop them off there. They didn't say much, other than a small,

"Y-yes, that'd be great, thank you..."

Before taking their hand and getting aboard. Chip wasn't sure, but they seemed almost... scared of him? Which would be ironic since Chip wasn't particularly used to seeing fish people floating in the sea. He swore that they looked somewhat familiar, but he couldn't make it out, so he decided it probably wasn't that important. Probably some weird deja-vu. Yeah.

A couple of hours passed before Chip heard the blue-toned stranger approach. Getting a better look at them now, Chip still struggled to figure out if they were really okay. They still acted nervously, or more cautiously would be a better word. They seemed to like to keep their distance, which Chip could understand. Their hair was shoulder length and they still hadn't spoken all that much.

The stranger offered a small smile, which Chip noted was a lot more than last night, "I uh- I don't believe I've introduced myself yet. I apologise, I... have never really met anyone outside of the ocean before..." They gave an awkward chuckle before sticking out their hand. "My name is Gillion Tidestrider, champion of the deep! I thank you for allowing me to board your vessel and accompany you to the next stop. You are... very kind..." The stranger, now known as Gillion, seemed almost shocked when he said the last part, trailing off slightly.

Chip chuckled and nodded. "Heh, no worries! My name is Chip. Uh... Captain of the Big Chipper! But seriously, man, no worries... M'just glad you weren't dead or anything. Why were you out there like that anyways?" Chip raised a brow as he took Gillion's hand to shake, immediately deciding that was a bad idea as Gillion's hand was... not dry.

"Ah... I... It is... not important. It is very nice to meet you Chip! I greatly appreciate your kindness towards me" Gillion smiled, seeming to have gained confidence in the short time he spoke with Chip.

More progress.

Chip was cleaning the deck as Gillion was sitting on a barrel, pretty much in a corner. He held a notebook and was scribbling something. Chip, after a few seconds of very dedicated time to clean his beloved ship, took notice of this and immediately wondered where the triton had gotten this book and how it wasn't completely ruined. Thinking about it now, Chip, despite now being formally introduced to this fish guy, still knew next to nothing about him. Or his intentions... It had been a while since Gillion was able to finally introduce himself to Chip, maybe a few hours or so. In that time Chip had only learned a few things; one being that Gill (he had decided that Gillion seemed too formal) was never dry. He was always wet. Which was weird at first, but considering he's from the sea, he figured it'd be concerning if he wasn't wet at all times. The second thing is that Gill had a pet frogtopus, Pretzel. Chip had never seen one before, and she didn't really seem to be a fan of Chip to start with, but after she noticed that Gill was quite fond of this "stranger" she seemed to warm up to him.