No.31 [Part Two]

//Riptide Campaign!

I would like to make it a law that I only write these at ungodly times in the morning. It is 2 am. I do not believe in  t i m e-

This is part 2 to Chapter 31..! So if you wanna read that first, I'd recommend it..!!

Pls this is so long (for me at least) I'm sorry hdnjdnjebd It's basically 7 in the morning as I'm proof-reading I hate that for me pfft

Just a lotta fluff I'll be honest- 

TW// none that I can think of? 

----------------

Gillion slowly opened his eyes, letting out a muted yawn from within his barrel as well as being submerged in water within his barrel. Though he wasn't an animal so of course, he covered his mouth no matter if anyone would have heard his yawn or not. Gillion had decided that as soon as he woke up, to save himself any embarrassment of remembering what happened just a couple of hours ago, he'd focus on small factual things. It helped him before with training in the Undersea, it can help him now!

He slowly got up, stretching before carefully getting out of the barrel, being careful not to make too much noise in fear of waking up Chip. He also remembered to dry himself off after getting out, having remembered very very vividly just how annoyed Chip seemed to get at nearly slipping every time he passed by the barrel. But he was also Gillion Tidestrider, the Champion of The Undersea, The One, and, arguably the most important title he had to his name; The Moisture Master! So drying himself off was no real problem, all tritons usually had some natural wetness to their skin. Gillion still struggled to comprehend how Chip, Jay and Old man Earl could even bear being so dry all of the time if he was honest. But he supposed it was fine, just another thing the Undersea got wrong or never even knew about humans. Just one more thing he got to learn from his friends.

Gillion made his way up to the top deck, having grabbed his sword to get ready to do his morning training. He would've done some whilst he was on watch but...admittedly, he was distracted. But not this morning! This morning, he'd train whilst Jay spoke about whatever was on her mind, it was a comfortable routine the two had gotten into since Chip liked to sleep in a bit later, so he'd take the first watch, then Gillion, then Jay. She had once said that she liked getting to see the sunrise, it helped her to understand she was really awake sometimes. So that was the agreement the three had come to! It was probably for the best that Jay was up in the early mornings since she never really minded that Gillion would train at an ungodly time. If anything, it was nice to watch. Plus, Jay had told Gillion that it felt easier to ramble on and on when he was doing something else while listening. Made her feel less awkward, but still listened to. 

The moment Gillion had stepped onto the top deck, he let out another small yawn, stretching lazily before spotting Jay. Before he could greet his friend, he heard a familiar purr. He glanced down and saw Petzel looking up at him with tired yet curious eyes. "Pretzel, just because something...unexpected happened last night does not mean I break my daily training routine. If I need to, I will...confront that issue when it's necessary!" Gillion smiled down at her, only to have his smile fade at her expression. Another purr, much less curious and more deadpan made the triton roll his eyes. "No, I am not avoiding the situation, Pretzel. I merely have priorities. You know, it is far too early for you to be so nosy." Gillion smirked at Pretzel's purrs of protest as she swam around in her globe, almost to further the points she was making. Though she wasn't able to voice all of them before the two were interrupted by a familiar voice.

"'Mornin' Gill! How'dya sleep?" 

Now looking up, Gillion saw Jay standing in front of him, crossing her arms loosely with a small smirk on her face.