No.34

//Prime Defenders Campaign

hAH I TOLD YOU ID DO ANOTHER CAMPAIGN JSHDJHDHD-

YES ITS ANGST- 

*SPOILERS FOR SOME OF THE MOST RECENT EPISODES!!*

o k a y,, So! Kinda a mixture of two thingies? At first I just wanted to do Will angst where he's getting nightmares of being dead again and that Dakota or Vyncent won't be able to see him again? And then also a mix of a cute lil thing that was mentioned in the most recent ep of Will and Vyncent sharing a blanket and cuddling :D 

So basically just hurt/comfort ^^; 

TW// anxiety/panic attacks, intrusive thoughts, past character death, (if there's anything else I've missed please tell me!)

------

William Wisp was... usually pretty anxious. Not all the time! But, most of the time. He usually combated his anxiety with smarts and logical thinking; being able to think his way into feeling calmer, or to analyse and try to solve before the detectives do on one of his true-crime podcasts until he felt better. But ever since... well ever since he died, those old tricks didn't seem to work anymore.

William had been getting recurring nightmares for a few nights now, nearly a week. He'd been waking up at a stupidly early time, then struggled to get any more sleep, not that the sleep he did get helped that much anyway. School had been getting more and more difficult and it was all just... a lot. He was even called in to talk to Mr Wilson about why he's been so... off. Though if he was being honest, the main reason why this was weird was that he wasn't usually noticed in classes anyway. 

All of the pressures of school mixed with the whole hero thing was just... starting to get overwhelming. His first thought was to tell his parents but... that wouldn't help. If anything, they'd just take him home, and then he'd just end up having nightmares of being dead in a different bed. No, no... He had to find some way to get over this. It happened ages ago! Probably... It had become quite hard to accurately remember how long ago he... died thanks to his nightmares. 

Knock knock knock

William jumped at the sudden knocking, now just noticing how shaky he had been getting as he let himself zone out for God knows how long. He looked over to the door and to the shadow under it, coming to the conclusion it was probably Tide. He had started to show his own concern a day or two ago now. So it was no surprise he'd come to check on him. With a hesitant sigh, William got himself out of bed, felt himself take a very shaky shallow breath along with a sniffle and slowly opened the door to meet eyes with...

"V-Vyncent..? What're you-"

"I uh... well I heard a lot of noise coming from your room a bit ago and... well, Will you're crying so-"

William's brows furrowed as he slowly brought his hand to his cheek. It was in fact wet. He had been crying. "O-Oh...uh...hah, guess I didn't notice...?"

"That's the thing, Will! You never don't notice something! Something's up with you!" As Vyncent said this, William noticed his tone change slightly from concerned to... upset? Angry? He wasn't sure, all he knew was that he wasn't a fan. "You need to tell us what's wrong, or at least Tide! You've been off, man." Vyncent let out a soft huff as he waited for William to come clean. 

"I... look, I'm fine. It's all fine! I'm just tired, so I'll get back to bed and it'll be all good in the morning!" The ghostly teen grinned at his pointy-eared friend to feign some sort of resolve. It didn't work. 

"Will..." Vyncent sighed as he grabbed ahold of William's wrist and started to lead the pale boy to the living room. William tried to protest, but Vyncent ignored him, continuing to hold William hostage until the two stopped at the sofa. From here, Vyncent pushed William onto the sofa as he went to turn the tv on and pick out a movie.