No.14

//Riptide Campaign!

*spoilers for newest episode of Riptide..!*

I got to the episode late and the one small little interaction I've been obsessing over has already been obsessed over pls-
You know I love me some Gill angst, especially with concerned besties-
Chip and Jay cannot simply talk about the possibility of Gill having that black goo affect him and think I'm NOT going to cry over it-
But yeah thats what this is based off of lmao- Gill gets the gunk ig,,? not too too angsty tbh because i live for both Jay and Chip being super worried over fish boy my beloved-
TW// mentions of being sick (vomiting), anxious thoughts?
---

Gillion wasn't as naive as he the people around him thought...The second he took on the deal with Niklaus, he knew what he was in for. He never expected the favour he owed that man to be one of good morals, especially after seeing the mayor throw up this black...goo. Even more so after the three of them had just defeated Malice. Gillion wasn't stupid. But he also wasn't as brave as he was pretending to be.

Gillion had been feeling odd just a week or two after the crew had defeated Malice. It was early morning, though it wouldn't surprise Gillion if both Chip and Jay would join him on deck soon enough. The three of them were finally off of the island, though he was upset that he had to leave the new friends he had made of the three sisters. But, he supposed, he was more so glad that himself, Jay and Chip were able to save the sisters, as well as free the majority of the imprisoned islanders. As Gillion was reflecting on the three's success of saving yet another group of people, that's when the strange feeling started...It started in the pit of his stomach, then slowly travelled up, until he felt it in the back of his throat. Before the inevitable happened, he was able to make a quick dash to the side of the ship, where he felt himself throw up this strange yet all too familiar black tar. It was painful, leaving the triton light headed and gasping hoarsely for air to re-enter his lungs. Gillion slowly slid down, his back against the railings as he held his head in his hands, hoping for this wave of dizziness would pass if he just stayed still for a few moments. Thankfully, it did pass, though now being able to free his head from his hands, he instinctively wiped at the corners of his mouth, seeing the same black ooze that he'd been a witness to. A sign of Niklaus' curse...

How was he meant to tell Chip and Jay? Does he tell Chip and Jay? They'd be so worried...But it was his fault that he was like this, right? He just had to try and play hero. Why was his heart racing so much? Why was his breathing getting harder to control? He's just bringing more danger to to both of them! Chip and Jay didn't deserve to deal with another one of Niklaus' victims. They deserved to rest. This couldn't be happening to him just a week or so after the three had finished with their last mission...Chip and Jay deserved better, they deserved-

"Gill? Hey, Gill! You good, buddy?" Chip's voice broke Gillion out of his anxious thoughts, both of Chip's hands on Gillion's shoulders, shaking him slightly. The swaying movement made the dizziness he had felt a few moments ago come back, the triton groaning and weakly swatting at Chip's hands in an attempt to stop the swaying. Chip got the message, raising his hands in fake surrender, though a worried expression fell over his face at the uncharacteristically quiet triton he was knelt down in front of. "Gillion...?" The brunette tilted his head, now looking over Gillion's huddled up form to see if he was injured at all. Whilst looking him over, he caught a glimpse of the black ooze that Gillion had wiped from the corners of his mouth. At Chip's find, Gillion finally spoke up.
"I...I am fine. Just tired I suppose. Please do not shake me again, though, Chip..." Gillion sighed out shakily, coughing weakly as a shiver went down him, remembering the last time he had coughed, it lead to the tar flooding out of his mouth. He looked up to meet Chip's eyes, then frowning as he saw the worried look on his friend's face. Following his gaze, Gillion felt a similar worry, though more so at Chip's reaction.