No.36

//Riptide Campaign ^^

This is a request! By @Eggoboi34..! ^-^ so tysm for the request <3

the main prompt was Gillion attempting to save John from the Navy but getting captured as well..! Which was a fun lil' concept for me to writeeee :D

also, the wiki has Marshall John's status as 'Alive?' and it makes me want to cry why would they-

Hhhhh I  h o p e  this is okay..! I've been struggling a bit with motivation and writing in general so I'm sorry if this is bad ..! I tried I swear ;-;

did I make Lizzie explain a plan so that I didn't have to write how everyone went through and could do a simple time skip? maybe. leave me alone I'm bad at this I'm just trying to exist- ;_;

TW// none that I know of? If there are any, please let me know! 

-----

The sea was calm, gentle waves rolling across the surface of the water as the wind blew softly. Everything was calm and easy. A complete opposite to how the crews on both boats were fairing as they got closer and closer to the Navy prison. Tensions were high and everyone was feeling it. 

The Riptide Pirates moved over to Lizzie's ship, all meeting in her cabin as they discussed their plan. The two crews had started to formulate this plan due to having stayed around the prison for a few days, studying how many times Navy ships would come and go, as well as knowing what time would be best to sneak in. They had also gotten a very rough layout, having gone in and gotten out quickly before, though at that time one specific triton was very reluctant to leave so soon. 

"So what, we just... sneak into where we think the cells are and just get John outta there? This is so stupid, we don't have enough information, Lizzie-"

"Well, it's been far too long, Chip. John is part of my crew and I need to get him back. The later we leave this, I'm worried the Navy will only make more and more moves in their plans, which will probably affect the security of that damn prison. So I'm sorry this isn't as pristine as it could be but it's the best we've got. Alright?" A silence fell over the four as Lizzie's words hung in the air. 

"I agree with Captain Elizabeth... The sooner we retrieve Marshall John from the imprisonment of the Navy the better."

"Gill, we spoke about this, man. We can't just rush in! I get you wanna help John but this is dangerous! I just wanna make sure we go over everything we can. M'not losing you or Jay to the Navy, okay?"

At this, Jay seemed to fidget slightly, taking a small deep breath before clearing her throat and sighing softly. "Then let's go over it. Nobody is getting lost to the Navy, so don't worry Chip. Elizabeth?" Lizzie looked to Jay, suspicion was usually the expression she had when looking to her, but instead, Jay had caught just a small glimpse of a smile before the familiar stoic expression she wore returned. No suspicion. So that was progress, she guessed?

The four went over the plans again, Chip butting in to ask a series of questions to help him feel a bit better about having so many unknowns throughout this plan. Jay just stood and nodded, taking in the information and looking intently at the map. Gillion did the same, making sure to completely understand the layout of the areas they had explored. He had to get this right, he had to get Marshall John out of there...

"Hey, Chip, is your uh- fish guy good?" Elizabeth raised a brow at Gillion who seemed to be staring at the map, lost in thought.

"Yes! Yeah, he's fine, just-" Chip nudged Gillion snapping him out of his thoughts. Gillion looked to Chip and then to Elizabeth, clearing his throat and offering a small apologetic smile.