No.76

//Apotheosis Campaign (PATREON)

Spoilers for Episode 13 Part 1!! Beware of spoilers if you haven't seen the campaign or the episode!!

With Exandroth's personality, it's different from how he was with Peter, but I feel like with the right person he'd become a little more clued up, yk? I think he just genuinely had such little respect for Peter that he felt it was enough to just be v v unguarded about the whole talking to him in his mind thing? Yk? I don't know if that makes sense-

Genuinely love writing for this campaign, it feels like the embodiment of taking english lit yk? just me? nvm- I've had this idea for a hot second, ofc it isn't very original but I think it's a fun concept and 'what if' !!

I don't know why I had the vision of Thanatos being able to dispense buckets but it's very funny to me so I'm keeping it in-  

((I swear I'll get around to the rest of the requests, I just can't keep looking at these basically already finished fics I'm sorry T~T))

TW// Body horror (depending on how well I write ig? but still-),

-If there's anything else, please lemme know so I can tag <3-

---

Rumi was weak. He felt sweat dripping from his brow, and heavy, uneven pants escaping him as his head had become too heavy to lift. His eyes were fixed on the ground, seeing drops of blood decorating the blades of grass under his hands, his usually flawless skin bruised, cut and dirtied. Rumi had given everything he had towards the fight with Rymir, if his current state wasn't evidence enough, the fact he had come out victorious in his fight against the god certainly was. As he collected himself as much as he was able, Rumi brought a hand to his head, wiping his brows lazily, trying to take more controlled breaths. While he did this, the familiar sound of heavy footsteps sounded behind him, Rumi then felt a cool, metallic hand on his shoulder.

"Rumi..."

"I-I know. I just... help me up, Thanatos. Please." Rumi's voice was alien to her, weak and small. Pathetic.

"Of course." Thanatos offered his hand, and Rumi reached and helped herself up with Thanatos' assistance. The moment she was on her feet, her eyes fell onto the body of Peter Sqloint, remembering how she had kept sure he stayed behind her at all times during the fight. Rumi made her way over, wavering and losing balance before Thanatos supported her, a hand on her back. Once she was close enough to check over Peter's body, a relieved sigh escaped her. Not a single scratch. Despite the ones that were there prior, of course, though she'd rather not focus on those.

The changeling looked towards Thanatos, whose gaze was still lingering on Peter's body. They went to speak but were quickly distracted by a light that started to emit from Peter's chest, the light slowly getting bright and brighter until it was the last thing Rumi remembered seeing.

---

Rumi slowly feels himself come to, until he instead feels an immediate searing pain, accelerating his coming back to consciousness. A white-hot pain runs through his spine, his shoulder blades aching as if he had overexerted himself somehow. Feeling this from the second he was able to process the sensations, Rumi shot up, a pained yelp coming from him as his back only hurt more. As soon as he had alerted he had woken up, Rumi looked up to see two blurry figures leaning over him. Cool hands and arms immediately encompass Rumi, and after taking a second, he recognises the familiar mess of brown hair, the green vest and dirtied cotton trousers.

Rumi immediately pushed any and all pain she felt to the back of her mind, refusing to acknowledge such minor distractions in front of him. She forced herself to sit up, biting back a groan of pain shooting up throughout her back as she cupped Peter's face with her hands. She noted how her hands were shaking, as well as the numbing, stinging pain coming from her palms, but as she had decided already, the pain was merely an obstacle as of right now. "P-Peter..?! O-Oh my Gods- Peter! Peter you're... a-and you... I... H-How? Are you okay? I- !" She gets interrupted by the pain again, a shocked gasp making her cough, the action causing more discomfort "I-I don't know- I don't understand what's happening... I-I... I remember Rymir and... And I went to say something to Thanatos before... a-a light? Wh... Fuck my back hurts-! What happened to me..?"