No.60

//Apotheosis Campaign (PATREON)

Spoilers for Apotheosis episode 7 as well as some dialogue taken from Episode 13 Part 2 -!
( I'd say its safer to say just Apotheosis as a whole-)

I'm posting this to break up the Riptide binge-writing pfft

Simply me hyperfixating on Rumi's character and how they typically hide how they look in a battle to maintain a perfect image-

((just as a note I had written this before the release of Apotheosis' finale- so I apologise for anything that doesn't exactly line up-!! I know their name is Elena now, but for timeline sake, as this takes place after the fight with Faith, they still went with Rumi..!- Any and all chapters that take place after the time in which Elena talks about being preferred by this name, ofc this is what they'll be referred to as..! <3))

--I didn't know I never posted this I'm so angry--

TW// mentions of injuries and scars, (if there is anything else, please lemme know-! <3)

———-

The Godslayers had been walking for a few hours now, having just defeated, but also granted peace, to the Blight of Faith. Thanatos had been quiet, though this wasn't a huge difference in behaviour. However, a shorter temper was definitely noted, especially after Rumi had spoken up.

"Thanny? Would you be opposed to a short little moments respite?"

Thanatos was a bit ahead of Rumi and Peter, having walked off much sooner after slaying the Blight of Faith than either of them, simply leaving them to catch up with him. Which of course, they had, though it served no assistance to their injuries. Thanatos slowed his pace until he came to a complete stop, turning to face Rumi as he let out a long exhale of smoke that swirled around his helmet and emerged from the sides of his hood.

"You seem fine. Why must we waste time resting so frequently? You must both work on your endurance if you tire so easily." As Thanatos went to continue walking, another voice stopped him.

"Please Thanatos..? I'm pretty tired too... I-I don't know about Rumi, but if I don't rest I'll probably die- Or become a worm-" Peter and Rumi both looked up to Thanatos, waiting for his response.

With another, slightly softer, huff Thanatos seemed to give in. "If resting will prevent Exandroth from turning you into a worm, I suppose I have no choice. You both set up your needed belongings, I shall go collect some firewood." Before the two could say anything else, Thanatos had already made his way into the trees, off to do as he said.

Rumi sighed tiredly before making a light-hearted comment under her breath about how Thanatos picked favourites. Peter smiled at the comment before helping set up what he could with Rumi.

It only took a minute until bedrolls had been laid out, as well as a small circle of rocks along with a few sticks and foliage, these being placed within the circle to help Thanatos once he returned with starting the fire.

Peter sighed happily as he looked down at the beginning of the campfire, turning to see how Rumi was until he noticed them place a hand over their chest, a glow of golden arcane power coming from their palm before they seemed to sit a bit straighter, their once tired and still exhausted demeanour recovering just that much more. Peter wasn't sure if Rumi was aware that once they had collapsed in front of him, that the glamour they held over themself had broken, revealing the reality of their condition. Bruises, bloodied nose, cuts and deeper wounds littering their body. It was... horrifying. To see someone who appeared unfazed by everything a God could throw at them, to have them not only collapse but to be so hurt, so damaged. All without letting Peter or Thanatos know. What if things had ended up worse?