No. 77

//Riptide :D

Another one of hercega 's requests!! <3 tysm and sorry for the wait ;-;

Edyn and Caspian teaming up to be anxious over the lack of correspondence from Gillion >:)

This takes place during the Fey Wild Arc..! Gillion has pulled THE card by this time so,,, everyone's kinda freaked about where he is ig pfft-

Also like a week passed while they were in the Fey Wild right? So the fact that the callnch shell is being used can kinda be justified ahahahah >:)

TW// None that I can think of..? If there are, please lemme know! <3 

---------

Caspian was starting to get nervous. He typically wasn't one to let his emotions get the better of him, even in high-stress situations, he was pretty good at keeping a calm face. So when Gillion missed the window in which he usually calls him, it only created a small wave of suspicion.

Of course, Gillion and his crew are ones that find adventure in the strangest places, so, perhaps he was just preoccupied. That was fine. Caspian didn't mind too much, and in fact, he looked forward to Gillion's spiel about the crazy shenanigans he and his friends got into.

Then came the second time in a row that he hadn't called. Again, this was fine. Gillion could still be preoccupied. All of these missed calls only gave Caspian more to look forward to hearing from Gillion!

It had been around five days since Gillion had called. Caspian was starting to get a little anxious. Even with all of these adventures, he would've heard something from Gillion by now. The triton always made time to contact Caspian. At first, he asked Elizabeth if she knew anything about the Riptide Pirate's whereabouts, but was met with an annoyed look, which seemed to ask him 'why the hell would I know? I'm not their babysitter'. Caspian figured this look was more directed to the fact the Riptide Pirates included Chip, who certainly gave the impression that some supervision over him wouldn't hurt.

Finding no help from his captain, Caspian went to the next person he could think of, a slight hesitance before he made the call from the knowledge that if Gillion was available to be contacted, Caspian would be left unable to. Caspian called all the same.

"Hello..?"

"Edyn! Perfect. How are you, my friend? All is well?" Caspian wasn't oblivious to the change in his tone but controlled it enough so that it didn't come across as too noticeable.

"Caspian? Y-yes, all is well, I... I didn't think you'd be checking up on me so soon..? I figured I had another week or so-"

"No! No, no no. Not to worry, Edyn, you still have time to do what you need to. This isn't about our plans. This is more to do with Gillion..."

Edyn's voice changed, a darker and more protective tone replacing her usual politeness, "What's wrong with Gillion? Is he okay? He isn't hurt, is he?"

This was another reason why Caspian was hesitant to ask Edyn about Gillion, just on the chance that she wasn't with Gillion. Which seemed to be the case. He didn't want to cause her to panic, especially with everything she was up to as of late causing her more than enough.

"I... I don't know. I'm sure he's fine, Edyn, I just- he usually calls me every night without fail. I haven't heard from him in a few days, so I can't help but wonder what's happened to delay any contact from him..."

Edyn went quiet for a minute. Caspian allowed her the silence.

"I have an idea of who would know. I've recently been in contact with... Chip? Gillion's friend. Brown hair, strange eyes-"