No.5

//surprise,, more Riptide brain rot ;')

Spoilers for episode 8! Please don't read if you haven't watched/listened to the episode ^^

So tbh all I can think about is just Gillion. That is all. And tbh I find it really funny that Charlie's characters seem to have a common theme of getting cursed ;-; bUt

more of a focus on Gillion getting into the deal with Nikolaus? Kinda stealing the experience Br'aad had with Ob'nockshai for this (as in the nightmares ;') )but I mean- to be fair they're both morons with hearts of gold so what's really the difference, right? :D

I hate to think of angst for Gillion without some kind of comfort so ;')

mmmm angst TuT

TW// nightmares, anxiety, blood, violence and "character death" (if there are any others, please let me know!)

----

It was dark and cold. The air was crisp on the island as the triton slowly walked, sword in hand just lazily dragging behind him. Trees surrounded him, making the night's darkness even more so, faint beams of moonlight breaking through the leaves of the forest. The paladin continued to walk slowly, glancing around him from time to time, his eyes flickering down to his wrist, the crescent moon tattoo burning his blue skin ever so slightly. Gillion's eyes snapped back to look ahead of him, seeing two figures pretty much right in front of him. This game of hide and seek the three had been playing had gone on long enough, Gillion knew this. He wasn't in the mood to continue this child's game.

He let out a heavy sigh, his pace not changing from the slow stalk he had been walking at all this time. Getting closer now, the triton could see and more obviously smell the horrible scent of blood, the trail leading to the two in front of him. Chip was leaning up against a rock, sitting next to him a terrified Jay. Gillion's expression was empty, with no sign of joy or remorse on his features. Nothing. Just a blank expression as he stopped when he was close enough to the two.

"G-Gillion... Gillion, please. This... This is just that stupid tattoo. T-The deal with that wizard guy! Y-You don't want to hurt us, really. Y-You're not that kind of guy, Gill! Pl-Please... Please you... You can snap out of this..."

Jay's wavering voice was a clear indication that she was fighting back tears, despite some falling anyway. She was more or less in between Gillion and Chip. Gillion simply stared, not saying anything back at Jay. He watched as Chip seemed to mutter something, catching keywords such as "run" and "no use". His suspicions were proved by Jay's refusal.

This had gone on long enough. The sooner this was over with, the better. Besides, they were going to abandon Gillion anyway. They never really saw him as an equal. Gillion was far too naive and trusting to be seen as a member of their crew. Gillion raised his sword for the second time that night, echoes of Chip's screams ringing in his head, remembering when he had struck the brunette earlier. A single tear fell from the triton's eye as he swung his sword towards Jay, knowing for sure he had hit true from the scream that she let out as well as the yell from Chip.

"GILLION NO-" Chip's efforts were of no use as his voice broke, watching Jay fall to the side limply, the same crimson appearing from beneath her. Gillion's gaze went from Jay's body to Chip, who was staring down at Jay with wide eyes, tears falling from them. Gillion's eyes finally met with Chip's, the fear and shock of what had happened being immediately replaced with rage. The pirate tried to stand but let out a raspy yelp, falling back onto his knees, slowly and shakily looking up at Gillion.

"Y-... You killed her, Gill. You fucking KILLED JAY! H-How... I...." Chip failed to find the words to match his emotions, his head falling as he spoke out quietly, "...Just do it, Gillion... I've finally lost everybody..." Chip's bitter chuckle was the last thing Gillion heard before doing the same action with his sword, raising it and swinging it down towards Chip.