No.11

//Still R i p t i d e ;')

I should really just make this a riptide drabbles book pls its only riptide apart from one? chapter?  ;')
very minor spoilers? but for what happened in Loffinlot so,,,a bit ago. Nothing about the newer episodes..! :D
also I am absolutely taking inspiration from Sylnan's experience being all possessed for Gillion's actions absolutely. I really enjoy the idea that the mark can give Nikolaus slight control over Gillion whdisnssn
So basically Nik is being r u d e and messing with Gill to make him be an asshole to Jay and Chip- Nik is on the ship with Gill and watches as he makes Gill yell and argue with Chip. that kinda thing? idk its really early and I am anxious sgdinsid
not too happy with the chapter? but it was a good way of distracting me at one in the morning so i guess i win? idk lmao
ofc its chip and gill so there will be comfort wtf i cannot write simple angst between two comfort characters pls
TW// none? the boy's have an argument and best girl Jay is there trying to help out ;')
----
Gillion had been feeling strange for around a week now. It started when Gillion woke up in the early morning, he immediately felt odd. He wan't sure as to what was wrong, perhaps he was sick? He didn't feel sick...He wasn't sure if he had been sick in a long time...Something definitely felt strange, though. It made the usually optimistic male very uneasy, sighing softly and looking over, seeing Pretzel asleep peacefully in her bowl. The sight did make him feel a bit better, though the strange feeling still lingered. Gillion decided to go up to the top deck and get fresh air, pinning the strangeness to maybe he just missed home, hoping the sight of the rolling waves would remedy his feelings. Though this hadn't worked the first morning he felt this strange feeling, or any other, he decided he'd go through with the pattern.

Gillion made his way quietly to the top deck, just like every other early morning he woke up, looking up at the sky and seeing it was still quite dark, though it was easy to see that the sun would rise soon enough, maybe being 2 or 3 in the morning? He didn't really care, to be honest, he was very used to waking up at absurd times, so this was no different. As Gillion leaned groggily against the railings of the ship he looked out to the ocean, sighing softly. Though the sight was very calming, as it always was to the triton, he still did not feel any better in terms of his dilemma with this feeling.

Chip woke up, no nightmare no nothing. Just woke up. Mainly from hearing the hatch leading up to the top deck closing, again, though he had to admit it was quiet. He figured maybe this timeit was Jay. Maybe she had needed some air, the thought making him shrug slightly, as well as hope it wasn't Gillion again. If he was being honest, he was hoping it was Jay. Chip would rather deal with Jay's night terrors than Gillion right now. He had besn acting weird, being more quick tempered and short with both him and Jay. Chip took a glance to Jay's bed to see how messy it was, Chip had learned that the messier it was, the more panicked the redhead was. Though when he looked over to determine whether or not he should help, he saw the back of Jay, her body slowly rising and falling, signalling she was not currently having a nightmare. He was glad that she was sleeping peacefully, but that also meant his suspicions were correct in that Gillion had been the one who went up on the top deck...The young pirate internally groaned, swinging his legs over the side of the bed, having already decided to go up and check on Gillion, though not expecting much out of it.

When he made his way up, he made sure to be quiet for Jay's sake as well as not startling Gillion. He closed the hatch quietly. then looking to see Gillion, seeing him silently lean on the railings and looking out to the ocean. Chip slowly approached his slightly shorter friend, speaking up softly, "Gill..? It's pretty early, what're you doing up here? Nightmare or something?" He stood by his side, taking the same kind of position and turning his head to meet eyes with deep blue ones. Being closer now to him, he could see faint dark circles beneath the paladin's eyes, signalling to Chip that the other wasn't getting that much sleep recently. How many times had Gillion come up here and been here on his own? Was it because of how he's been acting recently..?
"O-Oh, Chip.." Gillion sighed softly, his eyes closing for a second, hoping to maintain his relatively calm emotions while talking with Chip. He was fully aware of how he had besn acting towards his two friends, and he hated it. He wanted nothing more than to hug both of them and apologise profusely. But every time he tried...well, nothing good happened for him. He shook his head slightly, continuing, "Uh...no. N-nothing like that, though it is very kind that you came to check if I was alright, so thank you Chip..." Gillion gave a soft nod. "I...cannot fully explain as to why I am up here...All I can express to you is that I have felt...strange for a while now...Though that has been no secret. I have determined I am not sick, but I cannot understand what I am feeling...I assumed I just simply missed my home, so I've been coming up here to hopefully fix my longing but...well I do not think it is helping me..." The fact that Gillion couldn't tell what was wrong was clearly upsetting him, Chip could see it written all over the other's face.
"Do you think you can like...explain it more than just strange? You said you didn't feel sick or anything...do you have a headache? Pain anywhere?" Chip really was trying to help, though his tone wasn't as soft, more so probably sounding pissed off, he was afraid that Gillion would notice, he wasn't annoyed to try and help his friend, not at all, it was just that in the morning, especially at an ungodly early hour in the morning, he was overall miserable after he woke up, silently hoping Gillion knew this and didn't take offence. This was the first time in a few days now that he had spoken to Gillion...the Gillion he was much more happier to talk to.