No.20

//Riptide!

pls, the way most of my oneshot ideas are angst who hurt me-

this chapter is pretty short and may have two alternate endings? maybe, I don't know. It really depends how angsty I'm feeling lmao. (I will let's be honest-) tbh I just really liked this little scene? So Imma make a different ending (most likely hurt/comfort :') )

Ofc it's Gillion and Chip angst-

TW// mentions of blood, violence, the scene takes place just after a fight/ character death (if there's anything else, let me know! Be safe <3)

---

Chip was panting, a huff of frustration mixed with exhaustion left him as he straightened his posture, straining his neck from side to side in an attempt to compose himself, already knowing for a fact he'd sound angry at Gillion. Especially because he had said this to him thousands of times now. "Christ, Gill. You need to stop doing stupid shit like running headfirst into any fight you see. Jay ain't around to save our asses, and we were easily outnumbered! I get you're this Champion or whatever, but it's still stupid! Y'know, one of these days, you'll pick a fight with the wrong gang and end up real hurt!" Chip rolled his eyes, turning to face Gillion as he watched for his reaction to Chip's overly repeated speech. Gillion went to speak, but was interrupted by him suddenly lurching forward, causing Chip to raise a brow confusedly. "Uh...Gill?" The young pirate then noted a small crimson-covered point of a blade poking through a small gap between Gillion's plate armour. Chip's voice came out much smaller than he wanted, his voice cracking slightly. "G-Gill...?" The triton inhaled sharply, a wave of pain appearing and vanishing just as quickly. He stood there, silently as the point was then pulled from where it had impaled him, leaving Gillion to let out a strained groan, finally falling to his knees, grabbing at his now profusely bleeding wound.

Chip didn't hesitate as he met eyes with the one who had stabbed Gillion, seeing they were already looking roughed up from the fight assumedly between them and Gillion. Chip let out a guttural scream as he ran forward, his two blades readied before striking down the final member of the gang. Chip wasted no time in dropping his weapons, turning around and rushing to kneel down in front of the curled up Gillion. "G-Gill! Shit, Gillion, I'm sorry I didn't see him I-" As he rambled, Chip removed the armour Gill was wearing, then gently lifting Gillion's hands to better see the wound. It had already stained a large surrounding area, it had pierced all the way through his stomach. The second Chip saw how bad it was, he applied as much pressure as he could, ignoring his trembling hands. Gillion refused to look down at the wound, refusing to be scared. He instead focused only on Chip. The brunette glanced up for a second, doing a double-take when he saw Gillion looking at him, not failing to maintain the pressure to the triton's stomach.

"Wh-...Gill? L-Look, I know I was being an ass before, looking back now, that speech was really badly timed, huh? H-Hah...B-But it'll be fine! It's not that bad..! I'll just get you back to your room and fix you right up! Okay??" As Chip stated his panicked plan, he attempted to help Gillion stand, his hands leaving Gillion's stomach so that he could support him as the two slowly stood up, they both managed about half a step forward before Gillion's legs gave out, falling back onto the ground, finally letting out a much more appropriate pained groan. Chip followed closely after him, his hands returning to apply pressure to the wound, not knowing how else to help.

"Ch-Chip I...I cannot stand- I..I do not think th-that I will be able t-to make it to the i-inn..." Gillion managed out a weak and saddened chuckle, taking a small breath before coughing harshly, blood now trickling from the corner of his mouth.

"N-No...No way you're dying on this shitty island. Not by some stupid random guy. C'mon, Gillion. Get up. On three, ready? One...Two..." Chip's countdown was interrupted by Gillion simply shaking his head. "I...w-well can't you...don't you have any healing magic stuff?? U-Use that!"

"I am u-unable, unfortunately. M-My magic seems to have r-run out...I spent the la-last of it on you, th-thankfully." Gillion somehow seemed to smile at the fact he used up his magic on healing Chip, who had been hurt quite badly during the unfair fight. This made Chip's blood boil. Not necessarily at Gillion, though this was who his anger was directed at.

"Wh-Why are you smiling about that?! You could've helped yourself!"

"Be-because I-I was able to aid y-you, Chip... I-I'd much rather this ha-happen to me than t-to you..." At that single weakly spoken sentence, Chip avoided any and all eye contact, his head falling, his gaze only on the ground as he continued to apply pressure to Gillion's stomach.

"I-I...I don't know how to help you, Gillion I don't...I don't know anything a-about medicine or...or anything I don't-" Chip's stomach sank as he finally let the reality of the situation sink in. "I-I...I can't lose anyone else, man, please..." As Chip looked back to meet Gillion's eyes, his blood went cold. Gillion eyes was no longer set on looking at Chip, instead, they were closed, a ghost of a faint smile on Gillion's features. His body was entirely limp.

Chip felt tears fall, running down his cheeks as he just stared. Slowly, he moved to pull Gillion's torso towards him, pulling him up so that he was hugging him, hating how cold he felt already, the late-night air serving no assistance. Chip stayed there, cradling Gillion's limp form as he cried. His worst nightmare finally coming true. He had lost yet another crewmate. He was alone again, quite literally, as he sobbed and rocked slowly in the middle of the cobbled blood-stained street. Another loved one gone, and of course, he was the only one left.