No.59

// Riptide :D

This is another one of Swordsinger- 's requests! So again, ty for the brain rot >:D

(I would've been quicker getting this out but the first draft I made was wrong for me misreading lmao- Also! I'm scared the ending isn't great,, so I'm sorry in advance ;-; )

The idea behind this request is more Gillion angst :'D

So the crew have a hard fight against whoever (ill say bandits because I'm l a z y) and the terrain is a lot rougher than Gill is used to. He doesn't mention it, worrying that he'd distract or burden his friends- his feet get pretty torn up and he ends up leaving bloody footprints behind him, which Jay and Chip take notice of :') Dw they take care of their fish dude <3

I fear I made this pretty FnC related- but can be read as platonic! Poor guy just wants his friends to be ok, yk? he's stressed-

TW// mentions injuries and blood, (if there's anything else lemme know-!)
———

The Riptide Pirates had come across a new island. It seemed at first to be home to a small, relatively peaceful town. The townspeople even seemed happy, and to a normal, non-curse created amount! As thankful as the three were for the lack of chaos that typically accompanied them with coming across a new island, there had been some talk of some bandits causing problems. Because of course, something had to happen.

At first, they had heard talk of these bandits when they visited the town's tavern, having been told there'd be available rooms to stay in. The barkeep had taken quick notice of the getup the pirates had, not hesitating to tell them about the trouble the town had been having.

"You lot look like capable people. Those weapons y'got tell me you're used to a fight."

Chip was sitting in between Jay and Gill at this bar, and he could see Gillion sit up straighter out of the corner of his eye, the excitement practically radiating off the guy.

"Look, whatever you're offering? We just wanted some rooms to stay the night. And something to eat or drink- I dunno if we're down to do whatever job you're-"

The very familiar sound of coins clinking together as a small coin purse hit the counter. The barkeep leaned closer. Her voice remained calm, though a hint of desperation was clear. "Please. Just hear me out..."

Chip didn't have to look to see Jay shooting him a look saying if you lose us easy money I'll kill you. And of course, to the other side of him, he had a still excited to beat the shit out of bad guys aura around him. Before he could say anything, Jay took charge of the conversation.

"Please, tell us more, miss." Chip wasn't oblivious to the dumb smile Jay gave the barkeep or the way the barkeep reacted. It was a gross display of flirting and he couldn't believe he was the only mature one here. Chip would never flirt with someone at an inconvenient time! Jay was so immature.

The next few minutes weren't too exciting. The barkeep told the three of the group of bandits. How they would harass the farmers, taking whatever they pleased from the lack of townspeople being able to fight back. It had gotten to an extreme, recently they had sent lists of what they expected left at the edge of town for them by the end of the week. If left unfinished or completely ignored, threats would vary.

"This sounds horrible... I assure you, miss, we will be more than happy to help!"

Chip's stammering interrupted the barkeep's relieved expression, which sure he felt bad about, but he wanted to talk about this first-