No.21

//Riptide !!

Pls I feel so bad most of my oneshots are Gillion centred ;-; Istg I'll get away from my Gillion obsession,, I just really like his character, especially the whole Champion thing ;^;

SO! I was listening to "My Ordinary Life" by the Living Tombstone..! I like to imagine the lyrics "Served on a silver platter, ask for seconds; they just let me! They tell me I'm a God, I'm lost in the facade, 6ft off the ground all times, I think I'm feeling odd" For Gill? Maybe him just freaking out the first time he was told he'd be this prophecy child to be favoured by the Gods as the Undersea's Champion? idk man- I'm writing this up at 12 AM so if there are any spelling errors or gramtical mistakes, simply become momentarily blind :D for my sake. pls-
Pretty short but soft siblings ;')

((EDITED NOTE AHAHAH I FORGOT SORRY;; also thanks for 1.25k reads holy heck wh- :O ))

TW// none that I can think of? Please tell me if there are..! ^^

---

Gillion wasn't usually lost for words. He was known for being quite confident and loud. However, the situation the young triton found himself in was...new. Definitely new.

"So, in short, Gillion. You have been chosen by we, the Elders, to be our Champion! To represent and honour your home here in the Undersea. Favoured by the Gods themselves!"

Gillion was probably the only one who wasn't celebrating, he could see his father who was in front of him, along with the Elders. Of course, it was an absolute honour to be given this duty..! But, Gillion never asked for it. He had assumed the Champions before him had chosen this path, proved themselves worthy to be the Chamion! Not to just...be given the role..! He felt a weak chuckle leave him as he found the courage to speak up, this being the first since he had been escorted to the Elder's Hall.

"I-I...I am honoured, of course...However, a-are you sure there isn't some kind of...mistake? I-I mean! How can you be sure that I am ready to be the Champion..?" Gillion resented how he stuttered, he took pride in how confidently he presented himself with how he spoke. His nerves clearly getting the better of him. Some Champion he'll end up being.

"Of course not, young Champion! You are obviously not meant to be ready now! You must train..! Which we shall get you ready for at the earliest tomorrow. The sooner you train, the sooner you will be able to fulfil the prophecy and pursue destiny!" The Elder spoke with absolute certainty, not a moment of doubt or hesitation behind his words. On one hand, it comforted Gillion. Maybe this won't be bad! Of course, then Gillion started to think. Yes, it'll be bad..! Training. Tomorrow. At the earliest..?! He was exhausted at the sound of it.

Before he was able to ask any further questions, he watched as his father leaned in, whispering something to the Elder, then watching as they both nodded in some kind of silent agreement. The next thing he knew, Gillion found himself getting escorted, slightly pushed out hurriedly, by his father. He didn't miss the now slightly quiet "I shall see you in the morning, Champion! Be prepared for your training!".

The journey back home with his father was quiet, not that Gillion expected anything less. Howver, the two did share a small and quick passing exchange of words. "Son. To be named as the Champion of the Undersea is a great honour. Take this new title that has been bestowed upon you with immense pride. No more messing around or childish behaviour from now on. Your future has been decided already. Destiny shall be your guide." Gillion couldn't help but feel less and less enthused about this so called 'honour' that'd been 'bestowed upon him'. Obviously, he'd never say that to his father, much less the Elders.

"O-Of course, father. I understand. I promise I will give my all to make you and the Elders proud." His father said nothing else. Gillion wasn't sure if he's rather the two have said nothing at all.