No.54

//Riptide Campaignnnn :D

I swear I like the other campaigns these nerds do-

This is also a request chapter! 

SO!  hercega I hope this is okay ;') Imma be honest I struggled with the characters, so I apologise if they seem kinda ooc,,-

Idk why I struggled so much to write this I'm so sorry this has taken stupidly long for me to post ;-; 

Also not knowing Cpt Rose's name is so infuriating I was so dangerously close to just giving him absurd nicknames istg-

**My whole aim with Kottos was like,, his main focus was love but his association with healing kinda melds with the saying of "Love heals all wounds" kinda thing? also, I apologise ahead of time for my shitty attempts of lore and riddles lmao- Hopefully, they aren't too annoying!!**

TW// Shouldn't be any?? If there are please lemme know so I can tag em! :)

------

The Black Rose pirates had been sailing with little to no idea of a goal for a good couple of weeks. The ocean's waves had guided the Midnight Rose in a mostly aimless direction, and it was safe to say it was starting to play on the nerves of certain crew members. Arlin had been the first to speak up about this issue when complaining (a fond smile not once leaving the goliath's features) about Chip's incessant whining of being bored, his only actual form of entertainment was through bugging an even more bored Elizabeth. Arlin's query was directed at the time toward the Captain, who was quick to admit sharing a similar sense of... meh. And that was not a suitable atmosphere aboard the Midnight Rose.

This kickstarted research aboard the vessel that mostly all of the crew took a part in some way or another. Both Chip and Elizabeth were gently told by Arlin to perhaps play somewhere away from a table full of parchment, ink and especially candlelight, knowing how destructive the two could get when chasing after each other. With begrudging compliance, the children obeyed the goliath's request, and so the Black Rose Pirates started to research any and all flyers, announcements or any other kind of information of treasure, fabled or otherwise. Treasures of legend believed by many to be that of fairytales didn't at all deter the pirates, especially not when they were so desperate for an adventure.

It had taken a day to thoroughly go through all things referring to treasures, but eventually, the in-depth research had paid off, Drey having stumbled across a flyer vaguely referencing an old pirate crew's failed attempt to steal a now-forgotten God's relic, a supposed crystal that could heal any and all types of injury, no matter how fatal. After allowing the other crewmates to look through the information, Drey made his way immediately to the Captain's cabin, knocking quickly and loudly. Before really allowing Captain Rose to give any kind of answer (or any indication he was in there at all), Drey let himself in, a wide grin on his features before slamming the weathered and aged piece of parchment on the desk in front of Rose. "How's this for a bit of adventure?!"

Captain Rose raised a single brow at the still grinning Drey, leaning forward and slowly placing down the drink he had been enjoying before the brash interruption. A small smile was ghosting his features, simply at the energy emitting from Drey, the spirit being infectious. Taking the flyer, Rose skimmed through until his eyes fell on the important keywords, the same ones that presumably excited Drey.

"Huh... Wynleche Isles, eh? Well, it's definitely an interesting story you've found, Drey. You aren't worried about this failed attempt by those other pirates?" The captain's eyes fell back onto Drey, seeing his excited grin turn to one of determination, a cockiness overcoming him.