No. 73

//Riptide!!

SPOILERS FOR GILLION LORE (B.L.O.C.K ARC AND AFTERWARDS!!)

Mainly about why he's away from home, which I think came about during the B.L.O.C.K Arc, so if you haven't caught up with that arc, please be wary of potential spoilers !!

I wrote abt this concept on my tumblr and it's still taking up all of my two braincells ;')

So ofc I write a mini concept drabble for it pfft-

It's basically just a what if of Gill getting banished from his home, that if he was able to go to his family, what that'd play out like-

TW// None that I can think of? If there are, please lemme know <3

------

Gillion felt his mind race, any coherent thoughts were immediately overpowered by either a feeling of static or other anxieties. Everything was simultaneously so, so loud and so dull, everything both overstimulating him and understimulating him. Gillion didn't feel real. The prophecy, his training, all of the simulations, day after day of trying his best, of getting hurt only to fail and get up again to have the same the following day, ... all of it amounted to nothing but disgrace and failure. His birth, something that had been deemed 'prophetic' seemed to be merely a sick coincidence. He was never special. He was never important.

 Gillion Tidestrider was a nobody led to believe he was a somebody.

He had been talking with the Elders just a few hours ago. It was a pretty quick conversation. The Elders declared their decision, Gillion knowing there was nothing else to say or do other than to express his thanks and leave. But when it came time for Gillion to say his thanks and leave, he found that he couldn't move. He couldn't find any words to say, grateful or otherwise. He didn't know how long he had just stood there, underneath their cold gazes, but he did know that it was long enough to the point of being removed by force. 

And so now he was left to simply leave his home. Gillion figured the Elders didn't want him delaying at all, but he found even in his disassociative state, he made his way home all the same.

Faint purrs eventually grabbed enough of Gillion's attention to realise the sensation of tears on his cheeks, how his chest was heavy, his stomach matching the weight in his chest. Looking to his side, he saw Pretzel, her eyes huge and filled with worry and sympathy. 

Gillion didn't acknowledge her any more than a single glance in her direction.

It didn't take long for Gillion to get home, and as soon as he had his home in his sights, he felt a childish need for his parents wash over him, a need to be held by his sister, to hear her words of security. He started to run, the heaviness in his chest only making it harder to take deep breaths as he ran.

He got to the door, knocking urgently before pushing it open with enough force to send it slamming against the wall. Hand on the door, chest heaving with uncontrolled breaths, Gillion met eyes with his mother, a look of panic painting her features before a look of recognition... before an expression replaced all of this, and it was one he had never seen on his mother's face.

The commotion was enough to summon two more figures, his father coming into the room just a few seconds before an alert Edyn Tidestrider. She looked to see her younger brother, so changed by the years of training since she had last seen him.