No. 53

//Apotheosis Campaign! (On Patreon!)

A quick thing;; I kinda just imagine the three walking down these large dirt/gravel roads? And I feel like people after the Blights and everything aren't too excited about travelling? So they're staying in the cities and wherever they live lmao idk,, this is my excuse for saying they camp in the middle of a big ass road tbh-

This idea has been in my head since I said it on tumblr--

((Im so scared that this is shit and if it is say nothing or I'll cry /j ))

Also ! Spoilers for this campaign! If you haven't been able to watch the campaign yet, I recommend it! Its v v good, DM Condi my beloved :D 

So yeah..! Spoilers ahead!!

I'm setting this just after they've defeated the Blight of Courage! (I think that was him anyways-). after Peter loses Taryn :( (pls how do you spell his name it's bugging me Im so upset- I'm just gonna spell it like I have >:( ) Peter is into art so he has a small kit of simple paints and a few brushes in his bag or whatever he's carrying,,, as a small remembrance for Taryn he paints a rock he has among the many, getting the other two in on it as well :)) just soft moments! No angst :D A little bit of sad,, but no active angst! 

TW// None that I can think of?? (If there are any I haven't noticed please lemme know so I can add them! <3)

---------

The three had been walking for a while. Both Peter and Rumi could feel the gradual ache in their legs grow with each new step that they took. Thanatos argued that stopping would only delay the three from their goal, but after both Thanatos and Rumi heard Peter trip over himself for the fourth time, the warforged let out a mechanical sound, mimicking a sigh as he lazily picked up the small human by the back of his clothes, placing him onto the ground so he was sitting rather than eating the dirt. The complaints from Rumi to, 'be more gentle with our dear friend!' were ignored. Peter was fine. In fact, Peter seemed to be very resilient, which he supposed meant the young human possessed some strength in some way, no matter how difficult that strength was to see at some points. 

A second or two passed between the three before Peter let out a meek noise, speaking up as he picked at a loose strand of his trousers.

"Uhm... Thanatos..? M-Maybe Rumi had a point about taking a break, I could definitely use one... But I mean if you don't wanna then that's cool too!" Thanatos watched as Rumi's look of pride slowly faltered into more of a sympathetic smile at Peter's suggestion.

"Come now, Peter! I've said it before and I'll say it again..! You should have confidence in how you speak to another, especially when addressing a friend!" Rumi only got a small nod in response, mentally noting to help Peter with his confidence again once they get the chance. Before getting too distracted, he turned his attention back to Thanatos. "But yes, back to the topic at hand, I digress! Perhaps resting would be best, Thanny! Besides, if we are to go straight onto the next Blight to save, how will we do so if not at our best, hm~?" Rumi gave a small grin as he watched Thanatos' head tilt downwards at his point, watching the warforged consider his argument.

...

...

"...D'you think he like... switched off, or-"

"I suppose you have a point, Rumi. Though if you both do truly get so exhausted after a measly battle, you must work on your endurance."

Peter, ignoring his initial startle from Thanatos' sudden mechanical voice speaking up again, looked to Rumi, who seemed both somewhat relieved and offended by Thanatos' response. Peter was simply happy to be able to rest, though he had to admit he wasn't too sure how he felt about Thanatos calling the fight between them and Taryn 'measly'... Taryn was the bravest person he knew, after all.