No. 23

//Riptide Campaign!!

Soft Jay and Gillion hours besties since they're both living in my head rent-free ;')

minor spoilers for episode 32? (just a small scene but some of the dialogue may contain a larger spoiler!!) so bewareeee l if you haven't watched that episode yet! <3

can be seen as platonic or shippy (h a h because pirates-)! I just wanna see more Jay and Gillion being soft and shiii :D

I'm v v tired, pls ignore any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes ;')

TW// anxiety, mentions of night terrors, panic attack (not described in too much detail, but is still a theme!) please be safe! and tell me if there's anything I've missed in terms of TW!!

---

Despite Jay's resolve, she was pretty damn anxious. Well, she was anxious most of the time anyway, but recently? Her nerves have been way more difficult to ignore, almost similar to that time after she left her tavern to follow Chip...

"Jay, honestly, it'll be fine. This whole war thing won't even touch us once we leave here! Elizabeth has always been dramatic. Should've seen her when I beat her at eating all the hotdogs-"

"Sh-Shut up about the fucking hotdogs, Chip!" Jay hadn't meant for her first words in a while to be so harsh, but from Chip's shocked expression, they definitely weren't tame. "I-I'm sorry...I shouldn't have yelled like that, I just- i-it's war, Chip. Y'know? With the navy! That's...There's no way there'll be any place on those waters that'll be safe from em'. A-and after that Caspian guy mentioned the undersea being endangered to Gillion..? There's no chance he'll stay with us..." The longer she spoke, the shakier Jay's words became. It'd been a day since Elizabeth had mentioned her plan to take on the navy. Since then, it was all she could think about. 

"I get it, Jay. Look, I know you're I'm not gonna let scared, but what did I say when you first came onto my ship, huh? M'not letting anyone from the damn navy or anyone associated with em' taking you away, alright?" 

"What about Gillion? Chip, you know how serious he is about traditions, you know as well as I do that he won't hesitate to go back to protect his home-" Chip cut her off, his worry mixing with his frustration with the subject.

"I-I know that! Just- I-I'll figure something out with Gill. M'not letting him get swept up in a stupid war. I'm keeping both of you safe. You're my crew." Chip's weak huff acted as an added 'that's final' on the matter, so Jay didn't press any further, no matter how many fears needed to still becalmed. "It's getting late, m'gonna head to bed. Just...try and get some sleep, okay? The finale of this tournament is tomorrow...I'll figure everything out. Just get sleep. G'night." With that, Chip stood from his spot where he was sitting on Jay's bed, stretching slightly before heading out, taking a final look towards Jay, smiling softly before closing the door behind him. 

The second she was alone, Jay let out a long shaky breath, one she wasn't aware she was holding. Chip was right, she just needed to try and relax and to get some sleep. There's no point in worrying for now, right? I mean, there's nothing anyone can do about the navy as of now...Whenever the navy or Elizabeth and her crew decide to make a move in this whole upcoming war, Jay, Chip and Gillion will be long gone, just like Chip had said. He'll convince Gill some way of joining them to ignore the war. Everyone will be fine! And alive. Nobody she knows or loves will go off in a war and die. It'll be fine. Just gotta sleep, that's all she needs to focus on...

---

Gillion was conflicted. He had made two very important promises to both the overseas and the undersea. To the overseas; to stay by Chip and Jay, to protect them as being a part of their crew. To the undersea; to be its Champion, to protect it as part of his destiny. But with what Caspian had said...the navy trying to ever expand its property of land, including inevitably the undersea. What was he meant to do? Chip clearly hated the idea of him going and getting himself involved, but how could he not? There was so much to fight for back home. There was someone to fight for back home. As Gillion stayed deep in thought, he let out a troubled sigh, allowing himself to breathe in the late-night air from his walk back from the apothecary. Gillion had stayed there much longer, though he supposed not with a doctor but more so stayed underneath the building. Admittedly, he had stayed there for much longer than anticipated, getting lost in conversation. As much as he enjoyed his talks with Elizabeth. John and Caspian, he forced himself to go, worrying he'd be too tired to partake in the upcoming finale for the tournament.