No.35

//Riptide Campaign !

Soft pirates because I say soooo :D

*very minor spoilers for riptide episode #48*

Ollie gets told by the Riptide Pirates of their adventures :D

TW// none that I can think of? Please lemme know if there are any!

-----

Ollie couldn't sleep. He'd been trying for ages! Well, maybe an exaggerated five minutes, but it felt like ages! Ollie had been having trouble getting comfortable for a while, even with the adjustments made due to his sudden magical growth spurt. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get comfortable like he was able to back when he was a normal height. He much rather have his hammock wrap around him so that he could curl up instead of letting his long legs hang out just a bit at the end, or his longer arms being confined and trapped in this now claustrophobic hammock. 

As uncomfortable as it was, he wasn't too upset about it. On nights when he couldn't sleep, Chip had told him something on one of the first couple of nights he was on The Albatross,

If you ever have trouble sleeping, kid, just come wake me up, okay? The seas can feel weird when you're trying to sleep for the first time.

Ollie felt a small smirk grow as he thought back to this, getting out of his hammock and making his way to the lower deck where the others were sleeping... Well, if Chip insisted...

Ollie cursed quietly as the hatch dropped louder than he meant it to, then immediately holding his hand over his mouth and looking around worriedly. "Nobody heard that, s-s'fine..."

He made his way through the deck, first passing by a peacefully sleeping Jay Ferin. Ollie decided to move faster when passing her, fighting the growing blush of his cheeks. Ollie then passed a barrel of water, stopping for a second, puzzled until he remembered that there was indeed a fish on the boat so, it only made sense... Ollie finally got to Chip, his snoring rising in volume before fading, his arm hanging out on one side of the hammock whilst his other was beneath his head, supporting him as he slept. At this moment, it occurred to him that... Ollie had never actually woken Chip up when he had trouble sleeping... He'd usually just ignore whatever would bother him or he'd stay awake until the others were up. Ollie felt a small knot of anxiety and a side of guilt swelling in his chest, starting to reconsider waking Chip up...

"Young Oliver? Are you alright, what are you doing up this late..?" Ollie jumped when he heard a soft yet very familiar voice break the silence of the deck, turning to see Gillion dripping with water as he stood in front of his barrel. He seemed to notice this as well and muttered something quietly, the excess water on his skin going back into the barrel.  "Pretzel sensed some movement outside of the barrel so I wanted to check all was well, I apologise for scaring you..." Ollie immediately relaxed, smiling weakly at Gillion before looking to Pretzel who was poking out of the barrel, just barely able to be seen behind the triton. 

"O-Oh, yeah, that makes sense... I-I uh... I couldn't get comfortable and I can't really sleep so... w-well I was gonna wake Chip up b-but then I realised I've never done that? A-And he's really comfy looking so I didn't wanna disturb him a-and-" As Ollie took a breath for the first time since he rambled, Gillion smiled softly and shook his head, stepping towards Ollie and placing a hand on his shoulder. 

"Now, young Olliver, I know for a fact that Chip himself had openly welcomed you to wake him if you couldn't sleep, so there is no need to feel worried about it... Unless I can be of any help at all?" Ollie contemplated it for a second before shrugging slightly, looking down bashfully before mumbling,