No. 50

//Riptide Campaign ;')

*Finished Draft 19/1/22*

I was gonna try and do the thing where I just don't watch the new riptide episodes until a certain day, and then I saw the thumbnail so. Here we are :')

*Spoilers for Episode 56 of The Riptide Campaign!*

It's not too heavily based around the episode itself other than a small interaction..!

But still, I'd recommend watching the episode first!

Fish and Chips anyone? ( can be platonic or romantic, either one is cute :D )

**Edit** I finished this a while ago because I figured I'd write something else? I haven't :') So have this and hope I get more motivation :'))

TW// anxious habits (rubbing your arm a lot and picking at your nails), 

---

The sun was beaming down brightly onto The Albatross. The winds were calm, the sky a beautiful blue, challenging the ocean's hue. A lot had happened the past week or so, the discovery of Drey Ferin, being one of two major findings the crew had come across, the other being that of an older triton lost a few years ago...

Finn had been found through stories of townsfolk, of this sea-dweller who was known to frequent libraries (some believed he lived there for how often he'd be found around the building). Finally, after coming across the right town, the right library, Chip, Jay and Gillion had only needed to take a few steps into the library before seeing a tall dark blue man, his green hair grown out more than Gillion or Chip (though Chip wouldn't trust his memory of Finn blindly) had remembered it being. The green curls were tied into what should've been a neatly tied braid, though stray hairs had escaped the twists, some parts of his braids being larger than others. It was a very Finn-esque hairstyle, refined while at the same time beingly completely unkempt. 

The three made their way into the library, not being allowed nearly enough time to take in the surroundings and the interior of the building before laying their eyes upon Finn. Upon noticing his figure, the trio noticed that his head was buried in a book and that he was surrounded by other books opened on particular pages and sprawled out onto any free surface that the triton was able to find. Some were piled on top of each other, some closed books had small pieces of paper keeping certain pages.

Chip, recognising and safely assuming that this was indeed Finn Tidestrider, pushed Gillion forward before himself and Jay, giving a small wink. Gillion, uncharacteristically so, cleared his voice which was quiet, lacking his usual pride and confidence. He took a few smaller steps forward as he spoke. "U-Uh... Finn..?" Gillion's crewmates weren't sure why Gillion seemed so timid, but of course, they supposed they didn't really know the two's relationship if there was one at all.

A wave of silence passed before Finn seemed to acknowledge being called for, albeit quietly. Turning to find the source, Finn stopped, seeing Gillion. He looked from the triton to the two who seemed to accompany him, then back to Gillion. "By the Gods... Surely that isn't you, Gillion..?" At the recognition, Gillion's once tensed shoulders visibly relaxed, his demeanour now being a mix of timidness and of formality. 

"I... It is... It is good to see you-"

Finn wasted no time in dropping the books he was holding, moving towards the very uptight Gillion and scooping him up in a hug. Gillion let out a startled cry, seeming to somehow tense even more than he already had been. Finn paid it no mind, a large grin on his features as he set him down. 

"What are you doing here..?! Away from the Trench and such? I have many questions- how is your sister, your parents? How were your studies and your training, you did training, right? Oh of course you did, you were chosen as the Champion! How could I be so forgetful-" The older triton rambled on, leaving Gillion to simply watch in stunned silence. Chip and Jay weren't oblivious to the flashes of guilt that faded as quickly as they appeared on Gillion's features, especially at the mention of his studies and the responsibilities he would've had back home.