No. 48

// Riptide Campaign..! :)

9000 words pls- thats not including the little part where I'm ranting- :')

This is a request from Swordsinger- !! So tysm for the request..! And I'm sorry it's taken a bit :') But I hope this is okay..! I'm sorry it's long,, I got carried away-

Idk what to really type, this chapter will be long enough dhejfejfj

Only that I'm definitely making this fish n chips, this is v cute to me idk. More so that everyone else knows the idiots care for each other except the idiots in question, yk? :D

But yeah..! Requests are always open and appreciated..! And if it takes me a bit, thank you in advance for the patience lmao-

TW// Markings on wrists (only irritation, could still be triggering), mentions of blood (if there's anything else, please lemme know so I can tag it..! <3)

--------

The Albatross was quiet. The waves gently rocked the ship whilst creating the familiar and rhythmic sounds of water lapping over itself, being manipulated carefully by the soft early morning winds. In almost a sick sense of irony amongst this beautiful new day that started to show itself, Gillion awoke to sharp pain. As the triton was forced awake, adrenaline rushing through him from the potential danger he may be in, looking down at himself he saw that his currently bare chest was bruised as well as a few small cuts and scratches covering him. Gillion's already wide eyes widened even more so as he got out of his barrel, looking around worriedly, his immediate thought being he had been taken or something of that nature. A sense of calm washed over the triton momentarily as he immediately recognised his surroundings as those belonging to The Albatross.

However, before he could settle into this relief, Gillion felt yet another sting, this time on his side, letting out a small groan as he checked, sure enough, yet another bruise to add to his sudden collection. From within the barrel, Pretzel gave out small concerned purrs, causing Gillion to quickly start healing himself, looking around as he did so in case he spotted anything that didn't belong. After a few seconds, the bruises and discolourations marking his skin disappeared, with no marks or scars of any kind from the minor scratches or cuts. Gillion quickly dressed in his sleeveless turtleneck, and while still feeling caution take over his actions, he looked into the barrel, speaking gently, "Pretzel, I fear it is dangerous to have you out right now. I trust you to keep this lower deck safe. Remember your training." As Pretzel responded with a single determined purr, Gillion nodded wordlessly, leaving the barrel unclosed.

As a precaution, Gillion closed his eyes, reaching out his senses for anything that seemed foreign to the lower deck, trying to find any residual traces of magic he didn't recognise. Despite his best efforts, the attempt seemed all for nought as he let out a discontented huff with his findings coming up empty. Without much more direction as to figure out what was happening, Gillion's next priority was to ensure the safety and wellbeing of his co-captains. He started to make his way towards Chip's hammock as well as Jay's, worried they had been suffering from the same random pains and marks.

Making his way over towards where his co-captains would usually retire after their shifts, Gillion found Jay's hammock empty, though this was expected. Jay was usually one to take the final shift, allowing her to watch the sunrise. Gillion simply let out a small sigh, nodding once to himself as he went to go and check Chip's hammock, knowing that he should be sleeping in, having taken the first shift as normal. As Gillion stopped to look, sure enough, Chip was nowhere to be seen. The triton pondered for a few seconds. Of course, it didn't inherently mean anything worrisome for Chip to not be in his hammock. Sometimes Chip would be found in the early hours on the top deck by himself, despite always taking the first shift out of the three. Whether it was due to a bad night, or just one of many sleepless nights for the brunette.