No. 65

//Riptide Campign

Spoilers for Episode 84 up until the current episodes (including live stream premier for ep 86)!!

iM FORCING MYSELF TO WRITE OH MY GOD I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS ITS HORRIFIC-

Jay and Gillion centred because t h e m. It's them, give them all the attention they deserve rn-

I got the idea from perchance.org 's quote generator!!

A: I'm glad you trust me enough to cry around me.

B: I DON'T!

B: I feel so... so..!

A: Vulnerable?

B: Weak.

And immediately I came across this tumblr acc (dialogue4urocs) with the prompt:

A: Hey, are you okay?

B: I'm fine.

A: You don't... look fine-

B: Then stop looking.

TW// mentions of violence/injury,

---------------

It wasn't a stretch to say that Gillion Tidestrider struggled with articulating his feelings. For how passionate he was about many things, that enthusiasm in emotion fell short when it concerned his own problems. Particularly the problems he was facing as of late.

Felippe hadn't been doing any better. And as much as Gillion disliked agreeing with his co-captains perspectives concerning his current solution, getting stabbed a bunch every night wasn't something he really looked forward to. Sure the pain played a part, but more than that it was the expression Felippe wore with each aggressive lunge. The mixture of rage and guilt, his conflict between the overwhelming bloodlust he held towards Gillion clashed with those moments of clarity. It was something Gillion wanted to save his friend from so desperately, he wanted to take all of the burden he had brought upon Felippe, freeing him from his mistake of pulling that card from the deck...

But no matter what he tried, the triton couldn't think of any other ways to fix this.

Of course, fixing Felippe's condition wasn't the only issue. Now finding him was an added stress that Gillion had been spending most of his time worrying over.

As of right now, Gillion found himself sitting on the lower deck floor, knees hugged closely to his chest as he stared at the wooden boards around him. Pretzel had long since left her globe, and sat on her friend's shoulder, purring softly in an attempt to comfort him. The sound of the frogtopus would pull Gillion's attention every now and then, the two meeting eyes before Pretzel gave a small sad purr, suggesting to try and do something to distract himself. Gillion didn't listen, which wasn't a shock to the aquatic animal, clearly from her slumping slightly, a weak beat of a tentacle expressing her feelings towards Gillion's stubbornness.

"I cannot just let this go, Pretzel. I have made a mess. Another mistake. I need to correct it..." Gillion's usually loud and confident voice had fallen to a softer, more tired sound. He didn't need to look to know that Pretzel was worried as he spoke up.

Before anything else could be said or expressed through tentacle thumps, footsteps interrupted the tension. Looking up, Gillion saw the familiar red ponytail and blue coat of Jay Ferin. He was undecided if this would end well or not.

Jay stopped once she stood to the side of Gillion, crouching down and sitting next to him. Looking at her co-captains expression, Jay could tell he was struggling. Dark shadows underneath his eyes, tension clear from how closely his brows were furrowed, his lips in a single thin line. This wasn't the Gillion she knew... And it scared her.