No. 67

//Riptide Ofc

((Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays if you don't celebrate! <3
This has nothing to do with the holidays ;') ))

This is a request from Swordsinger- !!! So ty for the request! Hopefully I've done it justice lmao

Just to note I did so much unnecessary research trying to get my head around geography and shit, bro I've never taken a class in geography in my life I don't even know where I am rn-

Gillion angst my beloved <3 I'm also v excited because of the entire concept behind very literal BIG bad, yk? Whenever I have these chapters where there are descriptions of bs I've made up I always feel the need to provide images of inspiration for it? Just to help with visualising it- but that could just be me not being able to visualise shit pfft-

There is a spoiler included in this, which is in episode #86 I think? If that's wrong please correct me ;')

TW// mentions of injury, high anxiety/panic attacks, I mention slashes made at an enemy's wrist, I'llplace two astericks (**) to signal when this starts and when it stops!

(If there are any others, please feel free to tell me so I can add them! <3)

----------------------------

It shouldn't surprise anyone to hear that the three captains of The Albatross had, once again, found themselves in the middle of some kind of island-bound pandemonium. The day they stopped at a totally normal, not currently terrorised island would be a truly blessed day indeed.

Without much investigation or any stories from the people of the island, the three pirates could easily tell by the sparsity of natural foods that resources weren't as plentiful as they could be, seemingly a similar case as the people of Loffinlot, though hopefully with a lack of Niklaus' influence. As well as all that, with trade being interrupted by constant Navy interference, the people inhabiting this island were struggling even more so. Even to the extent of worrying about being of help to the three pirates in terms of restocking supplies, which had originally been their reason for docking. It had been the first thing that any storeowners said as soon as they entered in the first hour or two of looking through the marketplaces. Seeing that it was something the owners were genuinely apologetic for, Chip, Jay and Gillion were quick to reassure any and all that apologised to them. Upon asking about trade, as it seemed the only thing people could offer from the lack of goods, Jay was told about how the island's luck with trades had hit an all-time low in recent weeks. The island was quite popular for exporting its fruits and even some flora, of course, this was exchanged for sustainable resources. And by the looks of things, this transaction wasn't as cyclical as the people had hoped.

The story of the island's unfortunate fate, excluding trade exports, eventually came up as soon as Chip had asked what the village's source of the bleak aura was. Luckily enough, the bartender of the local tavern had opened up about the recent history. It had been Chip's suggestion to find a tavern, complaining about the amount of walking with little reward in terms of supplies or information. The brunette wasn't shocked to find unamused expressions across both Jay and Gillion's faces, to which he half-heartedly took back his whining.

"We ain't a blessed island. Spiritually or naturally, and visitors definitely ain't a regular occurrence, 'specially none of you fishy folk." At this, the old man nodded towards Gillion, who, very used to this by now, simply smiled. "Folks 'round here try their best with farmin' and such, maybe some fishin'," Jay and Chip noticed a smug smirk at the mention of fishing, a quick glance in Gillion's direction before he continued. Clearly, the man's sense of humour had a theme, "Not that it helped em' all that much. 'Course, up until a few weeks ago, nearin' a month now, that was the only concern. Now we got bigger problems, don't we? Fate sure is a cruel mistress, ain't that the sayin'?"