No.66

//Riptide Campaign

I swear I write for the other campaigns- I just have no motivation to keep up with PD rn ;-;

ANYWAY-

**Spoilers for Episode 82 of Riptide**

After the spooky scary thing at the end of the episode- It's literally just Chip overcompensating in terms of making sure Gill is alright and shit pfft can be read as platonic or romantic, either way Chip is awkward >:) 

This has been in my drafts since October 13th. I wrote 2000+ words and just called it a day ig omg-

This is literally just me trying to put something out while I write stuff more often. I've read through this a lot and I'm still convinced there's mistakes. If there are, lemme live in ignorant bliss please and ty <3

TW// mentions of injuries, self-doubt/self-hate (is it from Chip or Gillion? oR BoTh?!?!?!?!?!)

It's both. They both need therapy im sick of them /j

-----------

Chip wouldn't call himself paranoid. He was a pretty logical guy! Sure, he made stupid mistakes, and he wasn't like... academic. But that didn't mean he wasn't a smart or rational person!

So, of course, it was his rational side taking lead when he started to stay a lot closer to a certain injured triton. Just keep an eye on him! Another thing that should be acknowledged, was that Chip was very determined! So any strange looks or rolling of eyes he got, didn't dissuade him at all! In fact, it was only more motivation!

Chip's motivation was particularly strong one day, the brunette taking it upon himself to start cleaning Gillion's armour and sword. Though, he didn't even get to finish a single piece of the triton's armour before he got caught. 

"Chip... What are you doing to my armour?"

What a stupid question- "Well, obviously, Gill, I'm cleaning it for you!"

Looking up, the triton did not look thankful. Amused, maybe. But there was no gratitude. Some people are just so ungrateful-

"Chip... isn't that a dirty rag? The same one that we used earlier today to help Alphonze with some repairs?"

Chip slowly processed what Gillion was saying, though it seemed he didn't need to reach a conclusion by himself.

"The rag with oil covering it after we cleaned up our warforged-companion's repairs?"

Oh. 

Oh shit-

Looking back down at the armour, even with its dark colour, oil could be seen, the fluid shining as it coats the shoulder plate. As Chip clumsily turned the shoulder piece between his hands (which was not an easy feat, as his friend's armour was so much heavier than what Chip deemed necessary), the iridescent colours told Chip that he was as big of a moron as he feared.

"Fuck- fuck! Gill- I'm so sorry, I just- I wanted to try and do something to help and- shit-" In a panicked way of making it up to the triton, Chip started to wipe the shoulder plate more aggressively. Realising that this was only spreading the mess, he dropped the rag entirely, stepping away altogether, eyes fixed on the ground.

A gentle sigh caused Chip to look up, seeing a small smile on Gillion's lips. 

"You don't need to apologise, Chip. I appreciate the attempt all the same. Though- you really don't need to clean my armour," Looking down at the oil-covered shoulder plate, Gillion quickly corrected himself, the soft smile not fading from his expression, "Well, now I suppose it could do with cleaning, but I will handle it. Thank you anyway, Chip."