No. 56

//Fated Five Campaign :D

-Spoilers for Arc 1 and 2..!-

I truly just miss Br'aaxi, guys idk what else to tell you-

I keep thinking back to the Akar moment? And how like nice it is to see literally anyone other than Sylnan care for Br'aad? Or just try to ensure his safety? Truly refreshing-

So I guess just Br'aaxi being soft and stuffff :D

There are some jokes that have nsfw implications- mainly the thing with Taxi and the Drow ;') i like to believe he still hasnt lived it down pfft

I lowkey forgot that Sylnan was in asshole mode from the demon? So I had to get rid of any cute brotherly energy from him in this im so sad-

TW// mentions and implications of child abuse, nightmares, anxiety, mentions of alcohol consumption, (I don't think there's anything other than that? If there are please let me know-!)

------------

It had been a few hours since the fight with Akar had happened. Taxi, Velrisa and Br'aad had met back up with Mountain and Sylnan (and of course Hilltree by extension) soon after at a tavern, planning to stay the night there.

The atmosphere was tense, to say the least. Sylnan was quick to notice an immediate change in Br'aad's behaviour, though he didn't say anything about it for the time being. Br'aad had been acting just as he used to after a run-in with those bullies at the orphanage. He was visibly smaller, slouching and almost curling up in on himself. The older half-elf could swear he was shaking too, but he couldn't be entirely sure. If his behaviour wasn't enough to scream something was up with Br'aad, the lack of his voice in the current conversation was an immediate sign. However, Br'aad's behaviour wasn't the only thing that had been noticed, and Sylnan wasn't oblivious to the glances that Taxi kept stealing every so often in Br'aad's direction.

"You've been quiet, Br'aad."

The conversation that had been mainly carried solely by Mountain, Velrisa and sometimes Taxi had fallen almost instantly at Sylnan's voice. From recent events, his voice had still stayed that same tired and almost constantly annoyed tone, though it felt that the consideration for Br'aad was a new development. Br'aad looked up and met eyes with his brother, a wave of both relief at the more recognisable side Sylnan showing, as well as guilt for the reason of this side being brought out hitting him at once.

Br'aad was always aware of the guilt he held over how much Sylnan had sacrificed to care for him all of his life. But with what Akar made him remember of Brendan... of what other memories had come up since the fight with Akar, memories that were still haunting him even now... It made everything worse. Even when Br'aad had stayed out of the way of the group's discussion he was still making Sylnan worry over him. Something that should be the least of his concerns, considering Sylnan's demon situation.

As Br'aad tried to find his words, he felt a warm fluffy hand cover his that was under the table, anxiously fidgeting with his vest. He refused to acknowledge it in any other way than internally, making a mental note to thank Taxi later. Despite not visibly reacting to Taxi's hand now holding his, the gesture gave him enough resolve for now to answer, though he didn't expect to sound confident in his response.

"Y-yeah, yeah, Syl... m'all good. Just tired."

Yeah, even he didn't believe himself.

"Well that's bullshit. Look just say what's up so we can move on-"

"Sylnan, I said I'm fine. I'm not a kid, I don't need you to worry over me all the time. Not that you've been doing much of that lately..." Br'aad's voice was much harsher than he had meant it to sound, watching the disinterested expression on his brother's face turn to one of shock.