No.8

//From JRWI: Riptide Campaign!

I am absolutely writing about these three. Absolutely. They are literally all I care about.
No spoilers? except for like,,, a very minor one from Episode 8? but a spoiler about a character thats referenced to..! It pertains to Gil's backstory so if you don't want spoilers of that, or haven't watched ep 8 then ignore this chapter..! :D

Gil's sister isnt in this? but I like to imagine that Gillion has his big brother soft moments every now and then with Chip and Jay? Just small things ;') Also free small bits of Jay and Chip angst with comfort from our favourite self sacrificing boy Gillion! :D
ha h a  comfort character go. brrrr :'D
TW// None? (if there are any though, feel free to tell me!)
---

Jay could do a lot of things for herself. Everyone on the ship knew this. Jay Ferin was strong and extremely independent. Most of the time she was babysitting either Gill or Chip, never the other way around. She really was the glue that kept everything together. However, there was one thing that the fierce and headstrong young pirate struggled with on a day to day basis...

Her hair.

The problem was that there was just so much of it..! And of course, she'd never cut it. She had decided that the second she left Loffinlot. Even though her hairstyle was just a normal ponytail with her usual pin in, she still struggled to get it completely up. And of course, the bane of her existence, the knots afterwards. As if putting it up wasn't enough of a struggle. Jay had been struggling with her hair for a solid ten minutes now, sitting on her bed and muttering curses under her breath. Every so often, after trying for so long to put her hair up, she had to let her arms down from the pain that had started to make itself known in her upper arms. Her hair was just so thick, and sea water splashing into it every other day definitely did not assist in tying it up. "S-stupid fuckin....Goddamnit....OH MY GODS-" Eventually Jay growled out, throwing the hair tie she had at her door, jumping slightly when the hair tie seemed to make a shocked
"ouch..?"
Jay quickly looked up and saw a confused Gillion stand at her open door, bending down and picking up the hair tie, inspecting it and then looking back over at Jay. She relaxed and sighed tiredly, shaking her head and muttering out a defeated apology.

"Not to worry, Jay. It is okay..! I came down to check on you since you have been gone for a little bit...I am glad that I did." He chuckled softly and raised a brow, tilting his head at Jay, "May I ask what the problem is..? You seem...angry? No...frustrated! Yes, you seem frustrated!" Gillion seemed to get excited, clearly proud of himself of being able to differentiate between the two. He had taken it upon himself to try and understand to learn how his two friends act when they feel negatively, so that he'd be better at helping them.

He watched as Jay rolled her eyes, looking back up at him, "I...Yes, I'm frustrated. I just- my hair...I've been trying to just tie it up for ages now! And now there's all of these knots...and I didn't get that much sleep last night a-and..." Jay caught herself, sniffling slightly and quickly wiping at her watering eyes. She learned that on the nights in which she didn't get that much sleep (if she got any at all) she was much more likely to get frustrated and upset. She hated getting like this, especially in front of Gillion, but she was surprised when the triton slowly approached her, picking up the hairbrush that was on a small crate and sitting next to her.

"I-If you would like, I can assist you..? I understand if I am overstepping, but I am...experienced..with doing hair for people.." Gillion gave a soft smile, not commenting on a few escaping tears that fell from Jay's tired eyes as she nodded slowly.
"Y-you...Yeah...yeah, that'd be really helpful, Gill...thanks.." She nodded again, slowly turning her back to him, then passing her hair behind her shoulders. Gillion smiled to himself, happy that he was able to assist Jay, especially when it was clear she was having a difficult day. He spoke up once more, explaining that he was going to be as careful as he could be with brushing her hair, to which he simply got a small hum. Slowly, Gillion separated Jay's hair into smaller sections, taking one piece and taking a hold of it just below halfway of it's length, then brushing the end as carefully and as gently as he was able to. At any point where he felt a tug, he quietly apologised, even if Jay didn't show acknowledgment of the tug.