No.19

//Riptide Campaign!!

MINOR (??) SPOILERS FOR EPISODE #26!

Chip angst mmm-

Uh, small spoilers for something that happened in a fight scene? So be careful if you aren't caught up yet!!

Chip gets freaked out during the fight because of what happens to Ollie? Since it's pretty clear he sees himself in Ollie so :')

Also ofc I found a way to make this with small implications of fish n chips,, who would I be if I didn't?? 

I also have another idea for a one-shot for once so let's go for my motivation! Still very much behind in college tho but shhh- funky pirates cure my anxiety--

TW\\ Blood mention, anxiety, strong implications of PTSD (if there's anything else please let me know! )

---

"Jesus Christ, Jay! We aren't killing them! They're just other pirates! We knock em' unconscious, take their shit and-"

"C-CHIP-!" 

Chip's panicked lecture directed towards Jay was interrupted by a yelp that made his stomach sink. Chip shoved the last Goblin off of him, pushing him into the railings of the Albatross, causing the small opponent to fall and hit their head, rendering them unconscious. His head turned towards where he heard his name yelled, seeing a scared Ollie faced against a goblin with a shining sword, having it plunge through his side. The second the blade was pulled harshly from the young boy, his form wobbled before falling with a distressing thump onto the cold wooden deck of the ship. Chip couldn't really describe what he experienced within the next minute or so, but it was definitely jarring. He seemed to almost blackout. Only coming to at the sight of both of his blades covered in running crimson; small drops falling from the tips Normally, the mere sight of his own weapons being covered in blood would scare the pirate, however, everything seemed inconsequential at the sight of Ollie curling up into himself, the half-elf whimpering and holding his side, his skin paler than before.

"S-shit, Ollie!" Chip immediately dropped his blades, falling clumsily to his knees and tending to Ollie, throwing his head over his shoulder and shouting, "Jay! Jay, Ollie's down! I need help!" Chip then looked back at Ollie, gently moving the boy's hands from his side to get a better look, lifting his shirt just enough to see the wound. It was deeper than he thought, scaring him more. Stop panicking, Chip. Ollie's scared, don't make this worse. He'll be fine. Jay will be here any second... "Hey, Ollie. It's okay, mab. You're gonna be fine, okay? Just take nice deep breaths for me...Copy me, alright?" Chip's attempt at a smile wasn't as convincing as he had hoped, which was clear through Ollie's scared expression growing. Despite himself, Ollie still gave a small nod, copying Chip's deep breaths. It only took a minute or so before the half-elf was unable to copy Chip anymore, his eyelids growing heavier by the second, the pain becoming too much. 

Chip was definitely saying something to him, though Ollie struggled to comprehend the words, despite his best efforts. He should've stayed home. He missed his mother. He missed his home. He was scared, he was so so scared. He should never have boarded a ship. He wanted to go home...

"Jay! For the love of the Gods, hurry up!" Chip's act had completely broken the second he felt Ollie go limp, fear rushing through him. Thankfully Jay had finished clearing the small group she had been occupied with, rushing over to the two and looking over Ollie. "Jay...Jay, he's hurt really bad. H-He got stabbed and it looks really deep I-" Chip's rambling was cut off by Jay shushing him softly. Not out of rudeness, but in a more calming way as she placed her hands over the wound. She then started to mutter under her breath, light green strands of magic swirling around her wrist, gracefully flowing into the bloodied shirt as well as the wound that had been uncovered. Silence fell for a few seconds as nothing seemed to happen, then finally colour seemed to return to ollie's usually reddened cheeks and nose. His breathing becoming less light and shaky, more stable and soft. Chip let out a weak and trembling sigh, shutting his eyes, letting his head fall.